TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay anchor store owner gets to pay for the party but doesn't get an invite.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this deserves its own thread.

This guy is paying for the kegs and the dancing girls and only gets to grab a beer one out of 7 times or so.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000287288&tstart=0&mod=1148319163688

eBay is screwing lots of folks these days . . . but most of us don't get to pay quite as much for the privilege. 

Quote:I think this deserves its own thread.

I thought it deserved a ping to the blogosphere too.  :twistedevil:

1 out of 7 times takes away any benefits (if there were any to begin with) of paying the $499 for an anchor store.  He is right that eBay should refund part of his store fee since it hasn't provided him with the service he is (over)paying for...but of course eBay won't refund his fees.
It really struck me because I have a 20 something year old boy child and shades are something he'd shop for on eBay.

And he'd shop by doing a keyword search. 

And he'd CLICK on the store called HDGlasses with a few hundred listings because it's a cool name. 

But chances are . . . he'd never get the chance unless he happened to luck up and beat the odds. 
Insert sheep picture here
I just did an evening update and it took 11 refreshes before he made the cut. 

(If you want to get a chuckle, check out the other store numbers, too.  None of them are constant.)
Quote:1 out of 7 times

You're assuming buyers don't get an error page when they click.  Laughing4
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3829.msg14711#msg14711 date=1148334349]
Insert sheep picture here
[/quote]

Don't tempt me.  ;D
My check was *every other time* - appear at the top of the list, or disappear completely.
Quote:If you want to get a chuckle

If you want an even bigger chuckle, head over to Half and try to find our missing 330 items (yesterday it was 220 missing, the day before 600) Laughing7 :blinkie:
Absofuckinglutely amazing.  It took Storesteam 20 days to respond to a problem about anchor stores.  :Smile

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000151347&tstart=0&mod=1151191632982
Pages: 1 2