TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Update on eBay Express
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:*** :popcorneaters: :popcorneaters: :popcorneaters:*** 

May 23, 2006 | 10:27AM PST/PT

Hi...I'm Lara Bridges, Director of eBay Express. It's been about four weeks since the eBay Express Preview released. On behalf of the entire eBay Express team, I want to thank our Community for the time and energy that many of you have put into getting your listings ready for Express – and the enthusiasm you've shown for shopping on the site. Your help "kicking the tires" during this period has been key to helping us improve and fine-tune this new specialty site.

During this time we’ve received a lot of great feedback – thank you for telling us what you think! I want to share a few of the comments that we've received through our Comments on eBay Express survey, and provide you with an update on what we’ve been working on during the Preview period.

Many of you have had positive feedback on eBay Express:

"I like the search features, in particular the narrow your search feature. I really like the fact you can search on size, color or price range by clicking on it. I think this is a strong feature of eBay Express."

"Overall I would say this was a great buying experience. It is very similar to my .com site where I also sell, which is eBay's stated goal with Express…. One other note... I strongly suggested to my wife that she do her shopping on eBay this past Christmas. I sat with her as she shopped, and I became as frustrated as she did with the countless different auction terms, hard to find shipping costs, low feedback scores, etc. She went back to the .com sites to do her shopping, understandably. Based on my experience with Express today, I can invite her to come back for another try!"

"My first experience visiting the Express site as a buyer was an absolutely positive one. I found it easy to navigate and fairly intuitive. The site is clean and fast loading, and isn't filled with extraneous befuddlement. ... I know you guys have a lot of glitches to get behind you, and that may bring with it a lot of negativeness, but I'll bet the raves outswell the nays. I definitely think it is a positive asset to eBay and you did a great job with it."

"Fast easy sales...great for new eBayers...great for sellers..it's a win win."

We've also heard a number of questions and suggestions:

"The only feature that I thought was missing: if I clicked on the 'continue shopping' button it brought me back to the main Express page -- NOT where I was shopping before I added the item to my cart or the items page I was viewing."

"I can't figure out why my listings don't appear."

"If it’s possible I would like to know what items of mine sell through Express, maybe have it included in the email stating that my item sold."

"It would be nice if a potential customer could see other items for sale by the seller without having to first click on the sellers User Id."

The Express team has been working to deliver some of the features you've asked for as we continue to fine-tune the site. I'd like to tell you about a few of the enhancements that have recently released or are coming soon:

* Item number search. You've told us it's important to be able to search for an item on eBay Express using the item ID number. This feature was launched last week, so you are now able to do so. Just type the item number in the search box on any page of eBay Express.
    * "Continue shopping" from shopping cart. We've improved the "Continue Shopping" button to make it more convenient and intuitive. Now it takes you back to the category where you were last shopping.
    * Self-Hosted Gallery Photos. Currently, listings that provide a self-hosted Gallery URL, but do not include a standard image URL or Enhanced Picture Services picture, do not qualify for eBay Express. We are working to add support for these listings within the next few weeks.

There are still some areas that need improvement, and we are working hard on those now. Some of the specific issues that we are working on include:

* Providing a tool to help sellers identify why their account, or their listings, aren’t qualifying for eBay Express
    * Providing more tools for sellers to view their business performance and manage their listings on eBay Express
    * Improving the ability for buyers to shop for more items from a single seller.

We'll continue to work on eBay Express, and I'll be back soon with more details as we have more announcements to share. In the meantime, I encourage you to keep telling us what you think! The Comments on eBay Express survey is available from the eBay Express homepage, and we're also actively monitoring the eBay Express discussion board. And for those of you attending eBay Live! in Las Vegas in June, I'll be there with my entire team – we hope you’ll stop by, say hello, and give us your feedback.
The last six posts on the Express Board were in these threads:

OPT OUT and take a stand (i-have-it2) 97
21:48 PDT

SadSadSad EE just lost over 900 listings today (I OPTED OUT!) SadSadSad (mygift2u) 20
21:46 PDT

Ebay Express Search Engine Biased (oaksshop_com) 32
21:23 PDT

I have opted out of EE. ebay fix the site. (harleyglasses) 3
21:05 PDT

How do I see traffic from EE on Omniture? (tilliesteaparty) 2
21:03 PDT

Opting out epidemic - KEEP IT UP! (layniebuglane)

Can you feel the love?? Smile

edited because I can't count
Express Mess pretty much descibes it! 
Could the reason people experience an increase in Store sales after opting out of Express be because eBay is somehow holding back one set of listings of those who list in both Stores and Express from the search engines in order to avoid a duplicate content penalty?
Amy,
A few people posted some html code that was added (not by them) to their Express listings. 
The Pinks weren't aware there was a problem or they don't feel a problem really exists.  Morons.
There are a LOT of sellers mentioning different problems.  Not just a handful. Not just newbies.  Not just rabble rousers... a LOT of people!
It is a toss up as to whether eBay is doing something on purpose, or they just don't know what the heck they are doing!!
What html code?  (I missed that.)
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=3846.msg14886#msg14886 date=1148482337]
What html code?  (I missed that.)

[/quote]

Their posts have probably been pulled by now.  One person posted the added carp and then another stated they found the same carp within their listings. 
I'm one of the opt outs.

I have experienced more store sales since opting out. 

But it'd be worth it anyway.  I hadn't sold ANY items on eXpress.

And I love watching the pink frezny about the opt outs.  Big Grin
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=3846.msg14893#msg14893 date=1148483089]

And I love watching the pink frezny about the opt outs.   Big Grin
[/quote]

I opted out also.  ROTFL!!!
Quote:Overall I would say this was a great buying experience. It is very similar to my .com site where I also sell,

If that is true, her .com site probably grossed under 100 dollars last year.  Laughing4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6