TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Canadians Only: ebay.com/.ca 10 Cent Listing Day - Auction Format Only - May 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pay full price now, get a credit to your account in JULY--i.e. after the end of the 2nd quarter.  Another artificial revenue booster "sale" brought to you by the Megster 2funny

Quote:***10 Cent Listing Day - Auction Format Only - May 28*** 

27 May, 2006 | 14:01

What is it? List in Auction format only on eBay.ca, eBay.com or eBay Motors on May 28, 2006 and your insertion fees will be reduced to only 10 cents. This promotion is open to Canadian residents only.
When is it? Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 00:00:01 EDT (12:00 AM plus one second on May 28, 2006) and ending that same day Sunday, May 28, 2006 23:59:59 EDT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds). Please note the reduced fees for this promotion will not be immediately reflected on the site. You will see a credit to your seller's account by July 9, 2006.

Who is included? All Canadian resident users who list their items on eBay.ca, eBay.com or eBay Motors will be eligible for the promotion. Please note the exclusions below. Items re-listed that match the above eligibility will qualify for the promotion. Items listed in two categories will receive the promotional fee for each item.

What is excluded? Auction-style listings with the Buy It Now feature upgrade, Fixed Price listings, Motors vehicles, Business and Industrial Capital Equipment, Store Inventory Format and Real Estate Ad Format listings will not be included in this promotion. The promotional rate does not apply to listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion May 28, 2006, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

promo details: http://www.ebay.ca/promo/10cAF528/
Wow.
What an underwhelming response.

With two listing specials yesterday, including the FREE send your store inventory to auction special, the auction count is about half a million lower than it was last Monday . . . and lower than it was yesterday morning.

.[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=3890.msg15302#msg15302 date=1148958906]
Wow.
What an underwhelming response.

With two listing specials yesterday, including the FREE send your store inventory to auction special, the auction count is about half a million lower than it was last Monday . . . and lower than it was yesterday morning. [/quote]

eBay needs to lower its auction format fees if it wants to stop the bleeding.  Smile 

There's no incentive for me to pay higher fees now than I paid 5 years ago when sell through rates in my categories have gone from 80% to 10% and average selling prices on eBay in my categories have fallen below wholesale.

...and there's no incentive for me to pay 3 cents with a 8% FVF for an eBay Store listing when I can pay $0.001 cent with a 5% FVF on Overstock and have a higher sell through than I was getting in my eBay Store.
Same here BBH. I'm down to listing maybe one or two a week at ebay and not selling much of that.
There's just no incentive for me to pay higher fees for less exsposure
at feebay and or giving a product away.
The ole webiste is still getting great sales.
I don't list there as much as I used to and I certainly don't go for those specials on the ebay.ca site because the thing that irks me the most is paying full price for insertion fees and then about 1.5 months later the credit comes so that it ends being a $0.10 (or whatever) listing? 

That irks me so much so that I don't bother posting on those days because I can't stand the thought of them making me wait about 1.5 months for the credit and their making money on the interest in the meantime. 

On the ebay.com site whenever they have $0.10 (or whatever) listing days it is reduced to $0.10 immediately, there's no waiting 1.5 months to get reimbursed the credit.

Quote:That irks me so much so that I don't bother posting on those days because I can't stand the thought of them making me wait about 1.5 months for the credit and their making money on the interest in the meantime.

My buyers would never come back if I advertised a 20% off sale in my store and instead billed them full price with a promise of a future store credit. Big Grin
[quote author=amy link=topic=3890.msg15335#msg15335 date=1149019005]
My buyers would never come back if I advertised a 20% off sale in my store and instead billed them full price with a promise of a future store credit. Big Grin [/quote]

Especially since the ebay.ca site is getting to be very well known for not giving everyone their credits.  There have been many postings of people saying, yay, we got our credits and shortly afterwards others saying they didn't get theirs.

But, if they go and "remind" eBay that they didn't receive their credits when they were handed out eBay will give them their credits, but that makes me wonder, what if they asked? how many people assumed they got all their credits not realizing that they didn't because eBay "forgot" or something?

No, if I list I was the reduce price immediately, not later so that I have to make a point of watching to see that I was credited all the credits owed for each auction I listed that day.  I have enough in my life to remember, don't need that too.
Quote:But, if they go and "remind" eBay that they didn't receive their credits when they were handed out eBay will give them their credits, but that makes me wonder, what if they asked? how many people assumed they got all their credits not realizing that they didn't because eBay "forgot" or something?

If they don't ask, they don't get a credit.  That's what happened during the billing problems 2 years ago when people were overbilled.  eBay never sent out an email or put an announcement on the announcement board to let people know that there had been "complications" in the switch to the new billing software. (the only eBay acknowledgement of the problem was on the technical issues board)