TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Checkout: is Google building a checkout system for web sites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:...what is Google Checkout going to be?  I think it will be a shopping cart system to help websites accept payment for their items online.  The money site owners make will be deposited into a holding account at Google — just like AdSense works.

Isn't this starting to sound a lot like PayPal?  Who knows, they could even offer a Google branded Mastercard "debit card" like PayPal's ATM/Debit Card — after all, the domain googlemastercard.com is registered to Google too.

If this is indeed what they are planning, it would make sense for Google Checkout to tie into Google Analytics so website owners can easily track with certainty how their AdWords campaign is directly affecting sales — right through the checkout process...

full article: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=208
Quote:is Google building a checkout system for web sites?

I guess so because it's open now. ;D

The Google Checkout name was leaked last month and nobody noticed.    Smileyyellowbang
I'm in.. I just signed up with Google Checkout today.

The process has begun and I will be integrating it on my website
along side my MA options. I just finished putting up a new logo
that hits every place I'm on not two secs. ago

In just a short time.. I will be telling paypal cya me thinks.  Thumbsup
We were already signed up.
Quote:We were already signed up.

Me too.

Wow I beat XPP there  :o
Notworthy