TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Math
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok. How many positives does one have to get to get their eBay feedback to go up one tiny point? Like from 99.6 to 99.7 or 99.8%?

One neg seems to drop the number like a million points, while a million positives doesn't seem to raise it one point.

What's the current "math" on this?
It depends on your total feedback rating...and if you're Posterboy Adam it depends whether you've added to your 3100+ extorted mutual withdrawals today.  :twistedevil:

the math (unique positive)/(unique positive + unique negative)
Thanks, BBH.
Ummm....I think that's backwards (and no, I haven't been drinking )...  Smile

pos+neg divided by pos gives a less-than-100% fraction.
pos divided by pos+neg gives a more-than-100% fraction.

-or-

pos x (pos+neg) / 100 = correct fraction (less than 100%)  Wink

No?  8)
No, BBHC has it correct.

For example, a seller with a feedback rating of 500 with 505 positives and 5 negatives would have a % rating of:

505/(505+5) = 99.0%

A seller with a feedback rating of 2000 with 2001 positives and 1 negative would have a % rating of:

2001/(2001+1) = 99.95% (which would display as 100%)
There something about how Powersellers' scores were calculated a little differently so that there wouldn't be so many of them losing their PS status. But I can't remember the details.
[quote author=Powerbuyer link=topic=3909.msg15399#msg15399 date=1149087084]
No, BBHC has it correct.

For example, a seller with a feedback rating of 500 with 505 positives and 5 negatives would have a % rating of:

505/(505+5) = 99.0%

A seller with a feedback rating of 2000 with 2001 positives and 1 negative would have a % rating of:

2001/(2001+1) = 99.95% (which would display as 100%)
[/quote]

So, negs are added just like pos's.  Sad  Maybe I should start drinking....
Quote:Maybe I should start drinking...

Stardust,
I'll join you---feeling a little no, a lot like that myself at the moment. Sad

Occasion14
So, I closed the store on this ID for a few days in May, reopened it for a few days at the end of May and closed it again on June 3d.

My April invoice bills me for $15.95 for May 1-31.
My May invoice bills me for $3.09 for May 26-31.
My May invoice bills me for $15.95 for June 1-30.

I had my store open about 25 days in May and they're billing me over $19 for it.
I had it open 3 days in June and they're billing me $16 for it.  (I guess May was a bargain when you look at it that way.)

Quote:(I guess May was a bargain when you look at it that way.)

In eBay's eyes you had two stores in May...even if it was the same store  Big Grin

eBay's billing methods are actually looking good to me today. We had a 4 year old server that we shut down yesterday (the billing cycle started on the 8th for that server).  I spent most of the week transferring everything off that server to the 2 new ones that replced it, trying to get everything moved before the 8th.  I missed by 12 hours and didn't finish everything until around Noon yesterday.  The hosting company billed the full $300 for service from 6/8-7/7 even though the server was only active 12 hours.

Tongue2
Pages: 1 2