TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Speaks and Nothing Useful Comes Out of his Mouth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The majority of Hairless Chris' answers to the SRG group on 5/31/2006 consisted of his  his usual useless DRIVEL  :twistedevil: :  "Unfortunately, I cannot give you specifics on what we will be..." and "Sorry to be so vague here but the honest answer is I don't know..." and "I will pass it on the my [insert eBay "team" name here] colleagues."

The only new news Hairless Chris told the SRG group regarding stores search is the bolded part:

Hairless Chris Wrote:As for our testing of the next version of Store Inventory in search results, as I said in the Stores BBL today, We will test are based on feedback from Store sellers like you about what we can do to improve the way that Store inventory listings get included in search results. They are also based on what we found when we analyzed the behavior of millions of visitors and buyers that came to eBay.com when all Store Inventory listings were included in search results. Unfortunately, I cannot give you specifics on what we will be testing when because what we test may not be what we end up with. We are also still finalizing the timing of the tests.

What I can tell you are the following additional details. We will start testing at least 5 different scenarios of showing Store inventory listings in search results. The testing will happen by showing a small percentage of searchers one of these 5 scenarios while showing the remainder of searchers the way the site works today so that we can analyze the differences in searcher / buyer behavior. Once we get closer to the testing, which will happen less than 2 months from today, we will post to the eBay Stores discussion board and give you and your fellow Store sellers some high level information on our testing scenarios and timing. I apologize for not telling you know but I don't want to tell you something that may change or not be right. I appreciate your patience on this.

On the subject of the ineffective "search by store name" search on the eBay Stores hub:

Hairless Chris Wrote:Yes, I hear you. The store name search can and should be better than it is today. Unfortunately, it is not a priority to fix it right now as we are working on some other issues and have found that there are a small number of buyers who actually use the store name search. When we revamp the eBay Stores hub (stores.ebay.com), we will look at improving this search.

ATTENTION eBay users who don't have a store but are thinking of opening one: eBay VP Hairless Chris who is the head of the Stores platform doesn't want to hear from you or want you asking questions at eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunches.  :twistedevil:

Hairless Chris, 5/31/2006, eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunch Wrote:While I find it a little strange having to explain posting behavior on the eBay Stores board to a non eBay Store seller...
Still, I find it telling that he did focus a lot of attention on BBh's (or was that you, Amy? Lol, I can not tell the diff) questions/statements. Wonder why? Wink

Multiple choice question.

Did Chris focus on Bbh's questions/statements because:

A. He likes BBH

B. He hates BBH

C. He is unnerved by BBH

D. He is worried about the influence of BBH/Tulips on others

E. He wants to help BBH to once again become a successful ebay seller

Toothy10
BBH attended yesterday's BBL  Smile
I was skimming through it a little while ago.
Same old BS.
Pretty condescending little statement to BBH though.

That just shows exactly what they think at ebay.
They can't be bothered with the little peasants that MAKE them their salaries.

How do they expect those Stores sellers to hold out for months?

I think a few theories I've been reading may be right on.

They may be trying to force people to close stores to use the
screwed Pro Stores or list more FPL at higher rates to be on EE.

Of course I really doubt they will get
EE off the ground just like so many of their
past pet projects that have failed.

Quote:How do they expect those Stores sellers to hold out for months?

Welfare, food stamps, redeeming empty bottles and cans, squeeging windshields with dirty rags for a quarter
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3932.msg15483#msg15483 date=1149185349]
Quote:How do they expect those Stores sellers to hold out for months?

Welfare, food stamps, redeeming empty bottles and cans, squeeging windshields with dirty rags for a quarter
[/quote]

Probably.  I don't think there are very many full-time sellers who rely on eBay sales for 100% of their income who could survive a sales drop that lasted months and remain in business.
This one brought me out of lurk mode!

Chris T. definitely spouted more useless drivel but WTH is SRG getting MORE useless drivel than the stores board?????  BangHead  Tongue2
BTW, forgot to add that I am in NO way related to frantichippie.
Quote:BTW, forgot to add that I am in NO way related to frantichippie.

Lol, I can vouch for that!! Happy001
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=3932.msg15519#msg15519 date=1149253608]
Quote:BTW, forgot to add that I am in NO way related to frantichippie.

Lol, I can vouch for that!! Happy001
[/quote]

Thanks, Bell! I AM cranky but not frantic.  :Smile
Pages: 1 2 3