TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: boinktard WorldAuctions copies eBay front page right down to the IT and gets SUED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Smileyviolin

Hello everyone, SPAM LINK REMOVEDis a new free online auction site and free online stores.
There are no sellers free or anything, it is totally a new free online Auction site.
I was referred this site from my friend and i'm really happy to be part of this site, this way i can message all of the auction lovers about our new site.

This site is brand new, and SPAM LINK REMOVED.
We are currently doing web design for this site, which will be done with in 2 weeks.. When it is done, we bett you that our site will be looking very glamorious than all the other auction sites, I hope...

We would be really happy if you join our FREE Online Auction site and start selling.
Please visit,
SPAM LINK REMOVED

Thankyou! And please refer your friends as well..
[Image: warnpmod.gif][br] Please read the forum rules.  In particular, please read this post which was pinned to the top of the "other auctions" forum you posted in: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...276.0.html .

PS neither your login page nor your registration pages are secure.
PPS whois.sc shows you're running your RScript site on a SHARED server with 811 other web sites and no SSL

EDIT-Thread title edited by moderator
This is a classic:

worldauctions on PSU Wrote:Yes, there was a chargeback because i advertised on your site, and then i wanted to cancel advertising with you...

...i want to advertise with you again, this time i promise i won't lie to my bank please allow me do advertise on your site, It was just misunderstanding

http://www.powersellersunite.com/about50...html#54495

That quote is on page 3 of a 3 page thread over there.  It gets interesting near the end of page 2 Smile PSU's moderator is complaining about WA, another PSU user is complaining about the wording on an iPod promo WA is running.  Read the whole page :Smile

Hi, Amy.. i'm so sorry, i really didn't know that i was not suppose to put links in the forum, i'm a member of powersellersunite.com
and i thught this is the same thing as the other site, i apologize..

Well, if i want to advertise on your site, what woulid be the prices... please let me know,
I'm really interested adding a banner on your site,
and also at the forum i would like to add my site, "worldauctions"

yes, i do not have ssl certificate yet, because i just opened a new site, and im getting one soon.

Thankyou.
After reading the thread on PSU about you doing a chargeback against another site you  advertised on, and you admitting that you lied to your bank about the reason for doing the chargeback, it would be a cold day in hell before we would ever risk accepting a payment from you . Smile

EDIT- I'm moving this thread back to the Other Auction Sites forum so anyone thinking of listing on WA can read the thread at PSU.
Oh brother... Big Grin
Quote:this time i promise i won't lie to my bank

:hoxmassnow9:
Quote:My friend just opened the account at TCF Bank, cuz TCF advertised on their walls that if they open free checking account they get free Ipod, and when mah buddy opened a free checking account, he didn't get a shit coz then TCF Bank told him to open a savings account, 2 direct deposits and some other crab, so he had to like do all this crab in order to get a Ipod.

Big Grin  Happy001 Happy001

Gawdalmighty! I would sell on waggleflop before I would do business with this guy.

I didn't check the site out but if it reads like the above carp, no thanks. Dude, you need a proofreader bigtime. And my guess is that is the least of your problems.  Tongue2
Quote:RScript site on a SHARED server with 811 other web sites

If I were you I would ask Blue Host to move your site to a different server because you're going to run into difficulties with sending/receiving email. One of the 811 BlueHost clients on that server got the entire server's IP block 70.103.140.123 placed on Spamhaus' SBL Blacklist on May 22nd after it sent out a HSBC phishing email (the phishing site that was using Bllue Host was: secure dash java dot info <--spelled out eBay boards style because I'm not about to link to it although it looks like the secure dash java site has been taken down).

spamhaus report: http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL42305

Quote:chargeback
Quote:this time i promise i won't lie to my bank

Chargebacks are every credit card (and PayPal) merchant's biggest online nightmare.  A customer who receives a product as you did when your banner was advertised for 3 days on BNS and then does a chargeback (and lies to their bank about the reason for the chargeback) is someone I would never do business with...(as a matter of fact I had a couple of eBay/PayPal buyers do something similar and I filed mail fraud charges against them Smile )

Quote: free online Auction site

Some observations

A.  There is no such thing as a "free auction site" because time is money, and listing items on most "free" sites tends to take more time to do than it does on many pay sites.  Smile 

B. shared server crammed full of sites:  if you get any traffic your site is going to slow to a crawl. If you're actually planning on spending "at least 50,000" on advertising next month, why are you on a cheap shared server?  If you're planning on having "150,000 users" after your advertising campaign there is no way you could support that user base on a shared server (or even on a dedicated server...you will need a few dedicated servers).  If you don't have the necessary infrastructure in place your advertising campaign is going to be a waste of money.

C.  SSL Certificate:  you can buy SSLs for under $20 at a couple of places.  They are simple to install.  If you don't have the technical knowledge to install them then I question how you're going to be able to fix any technical issues that arise on your site.  Since you referred to RSS as RRS multiple times on PSU I'm going to take a wild guess and say your knowledge of running a server is limited which is not a good thing if you hope to have "150,000 users and more listings" after you spend "at least 50,000" on advertising next month. Smile
Guess I'm not done Smile

1. You say your site is 100% free and yet you charge a FVF fee.  NOT FREE.

2.  General rant directed at several small auction sites including WA.  How fr_ck'n hard would it be for any of these sites to actually change the dummy email address and mailing address that comes with the script.  This is about the 5th RScript site I've seen that lists its email address  as support@yoursite.com on its privacy policy.

The National City, CA mailing address on the user agreement is also about the 5th site I've seen that hasn't bothered to change the dummy address that comes with the script. For added humor both WorldAuctions and BNS (BiddersNSellers) have that same Legal Department, National City, CA PO box dummy address listed on their user agreement. 2funny 

Whoooooeee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4