TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: See How Much Pompous Jay and Other PeSA Members Sold In the Last Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=412.msg1688#msg1688 date=1126936871]
[quote author=xppman link=topic=412.msg1686#msg1686 date=1126935267]
Actually the information is inaccurate.[/quote]

You are a good example, XPP. I know better than to assume your expertise comes strictly from your eBay sales. If I thought I could sum you up with this little tool, my guess is you would be laughing your ass off at me (and rightly so).
[/quote]

Hah, then you're much smarter than Cowboy Jay who thought he could sum up our online sales by the 5 feedbacks we'd received on eBay in the past 30 days...and yes, we did laugh our ass off at him, but we were already laughing at him well before that anyways... Happy001

The tool is inaccurate because it is counting all closed or cancelled ebay store listings as sold items.

Although the tool's sales figures are inaccurate, it does give you a rough picture of a person's business if the only place they sell is on eBay.  Good case in point someone like Cowboy Jay who only sells on eBay...wait I take that back, he did list a couple of tems on LunarBid earlier in the year because..well I'll let Marie's own words tell you:

Marie Wrote:Well, Jay was so giddy that someone named Jay was involved with this site we posted our first non-eBay listing in 3 years here at Lunarbid (we tried two items at Yahoo once upon a time, they bombed).

http://www.otwa.com/community/showpost.php?p=211822&postcount=216

Quote:Although the tool's sales figures are inaccurate, it does give you a rough picture of a person's business if the only place they sell is on eBay.

Absolutely correct BBH. I’ll add, it surly can let you calculate how much one is spending to list on feebay and if one feels the need to take the time and see what they actually sold you can even gleam a better prospective of what they paid paypal, feebay and other “third party” vendors for the “privilege” to sell on feebay.  Happy001

This holds especially true I think, if there is NO indication or hint (in their feebay presents), of where else they may be selling. These diehard only feebay fans are NOT making the BIG bucks they always tout. Me thinks they drink lots of  Smileykoolaid.

Sure they may be getting a bigger piece of the feebay pie but one has to also consider if they are all over the forums and acting like big shots, chances are that they too have been somewhat negatively effected by the constant changes and adversarial atmosphere that feebay has created in the last few years.

In short they are in the same boat as everyone else. I believe they too have seen their sales diminish on feebay and apparently are out here (on forums and such), looking for answers and ways to bring those diminishing sales back up to pre “feebay screwed everyone over with constant changes that have driven off  MANY buyers” sales levels.

Case in point the little listing tool those BIG guys are using. Why would they need it if all was happy and well in their little twisted feebay world? Or why list at the O or Yahoo or Lunar bid if all was so hunky dory at feebay? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

One last point on this. Those BIG GUYS are no better than any seller out here IMO.
They just owe and pay out more money unnecessarily than many of the rest of us do. LOL

misteroriginal is correctomundo  Icon_thumright

Hmmmm ....

When I tried it, it was 100% accurate and returned results in US $$.

Icon_thumright
Some of the total dollar figures at the top don't reflect monthly figures.
The program is a bit screwy. I looked at a competitor once and took the time to see what they actually did in a month by looking deeper into the listings and calculated the $$.

One's I've seen were paying out almost as much if not more, than they were bringing in.

Check out this thread:

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg14992

BYW Welcome FLvamp  Wave

Sellathon has launched a listing of the top 10,000 eBay sellers.  You can sort by feedback rating, total feedback, negative feedback, and mutual withdrawals

http://www.sellathon.com/sellathon10k/

Goofbay has added tools that will let you check eBay Sellers Sold Items & Turnover (the figures are more accurate than the emmx.com numbers), negative feedback received/given, 30-day bidding history

http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_tools
Quote:eBay Sellers Sold Items & Turnover

eBay's management are asshats for giving my competitors access to that information. :asshat2:
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=412.msg17470#msg17470 date=1152640805]
Quote:eBay Sellers Sold Items & Turnover

eBay's management are asshats for giving my competitors access to that information. :asshat2:
[/quote]

eBay's management are aspholes for mannnnnnnnnnnny reasons.  Wink
Don't put too much faith in the results from this tool.

I guess the store listings must throw it off.  But, according to it, I'M RICH! ;D

It shows I have 138 items listed (correct) and bids on 82 of them (wrong...I only wish).

But, according to the results, I sold 2590 listings in the last 30 days for a whopping $21,209.

Wouldn't that be great! (I really only sold 36 because I only did a full month of store relists for the old fees).
[quote author=myfavorites4u link=topic=412.msg26219#msg26219 date=1159897680]
Don't put too much faith in the results from this tool.

I guess the store listings must throw it off.  But, according to it, I'M RICH! ;D

It shows I have 138 items listed (correct) and bids on 82 of them (wrong...I only wish).

But, according to the results, I sold 2590 listings in the last 30 days for a whopping $21,209.

Wouldn't that be great!
[/quote]

The tool in the first post is useless if you use eBay Stores.  Goofbay's tool is more accurate but you have to add the totals on each page to get the overall monthly total. 

http://www.goofbay.com/getSellerLists.ht...youruserid&Submit=Check
(Substitute your ebay ID for 'youruserid)
Thanks.

I'll try that one out.  I'm just curious to see what some of the other sellers in my category are doing.  Some are still listing nearly 50,000 items a month in their store.
Pages: 1 2 3