TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stores Employee Who Divulged User's Personal Info on Public Forum Promoted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I missed this statement at the last eBay Stores BBL.  Carole/Nalani the eBay employee who can't remember her name, the eBay employee who has disparingly referred to many of eBay's customers as "disgruntled members" on numerous occasions, and the eBay employee who violated eBay's Privacy Policy by publicly divulging details of disciplinary action against a member (FnF) on a public forum before the member was even notified, has been promoted to Director of eBay Stores.  Puke

Quote:We would also like to welcome back Carole Alvarado, Director of eBay Stores. Carole was out enjoying the arrival of her baby. Carole has been at eBay for 4 years and will be stepping into the role of managing the eBay Stores business. The Stores Marketing & Stores Product teams both report to Carole.
Here we go, Nalani's violation of a user's privacy documented in Auctionbytes (although the article mistakenly refers to her as "a moderator")

Quote:Bo was even more surprised to find that a moderator was discussing his case in the eBay discussion forums. According to the post by the moderator, "the violation in this case should have been identified by our enforcement team as the representation of a URL in their user id (which is not allowed in any userids created after November 2001), not offensive language."

Not only did it disturb Corsillo that his case was being discussed in a public forum by an eBay employee, but that he had never been notified of the actual reason for the policy violation notice.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m10/i20/s01

I believe there were a total of 2 posts from her in that thread which violated the user's privacy.
So, if Nalani/Carole is the new director of eBay store, whatever happened to the eBay employee with a store (who did not use Get Negged Fast) who was previously manager?  Can't recall his name .....  Wasn't there something else about his store - oh, he didn't use shipping rates?

Chris and Nalani/Carole make a good team - similar distain for store owners and a firm grasp of eBaySpeak.

Patrice
Quote:Can't recall his name .....  Wasn't there something else about his store - oh, he didn't use shipping rates?

Quote:Ryan Dieckmann
Manager, eBay Stores

I think he's still manager.  Nalani is the new director.  Ryan added shipping rates after it was pointed out that he wasn't using them.  Smile .Here's his store: http://stores.ebay.com/Ryans-Closet

FYI, Nalani doesn't have an eBay store on either her nalani@ebay.com ID or her newly created (May 31) carole_a@ebay.com ID.  Nalani doesn't have one but Wagglepop's CEO does... Smile
Quote:the eBay employee who has disparingly referred to many of eBay's customers as "disgruntled members" on numerous occasions...has been promoted to Director of eBay Stores
*stealing chopsueysister's line*

SPIT