TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: TT Articles: Pitfalls to Watch For When Purchasing High PR Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Pitfalls to Watch For When Purchasing High PR Domains

Perhaps on the forums you've heard the "big guys" talk about it -- purchasing high PR domains. What they know that you don't that could turn a buy sour...

full article in the TulipTools Article Center: http://articles.tuliptools.com/index.php...6/06/title
Ms Kirby has some homework to do.

I have been looking for an inexpensive high PR  site to boost the hits on my other sites. It is a slam on the search engines that a website owner would need to go to such lengths to be found, but there it is.

I believe most of the high PR sites for sale on ebay, and in forums are fake. Fake PR can be manufactured simply by placing a redirect on the site pointing to a high PR site.  There are other methods also.

urltrends.com will give you the number of back links to the site on several different search engines - but be aware that back links go away if you change the content or, more often, if the person selling the site still controls the links (such as forum posts) and moves them on to the next site for sale.

Re-directs can be discovered by using a false PR checker such as:
database-search.com/sys/pre-check-en.php

Here is a fake PRchecker on a site with a long list of other investigative tools:
seologs.com/pr-check/pagerank.html

And be sure to check the history of the site, not only to be sure it has one (PR takes time) but to be sure there are no "problem sites" in the URL's past that could affect your plans:
web.archive.org/collections/web.html

If the Archive is jammed, a common occurance, try the new mirror site - Get this  - Some people are re-creating the great library of Alexandra, Egypt and a copy of the Internet Archive is included!
Internet Archive - Egypt:
bibalex.org/english/initiatives/internetarchive/web.htm