TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay.de Auctions Up After Fees in Books, Music Categories Lowered to .01 Euro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Growth re-accelerated in eBay Germany auction listings after the site lowered listing fees in the Books and Music categories to .01 Euro and raised FVFs to 12% in those categories.

Quote:After some sleuthing, here's what we think is going on:

* eBay recently lowered the price for media category listing fees.
    * The eBay.de fees are here
    * On this page, you will see the normal eBay fee structure (.25 euro on up)
    * In the little box to the right with the title: "Ausnahmen bei der Angebotsgebühr"
          o This translates to: "Listing fee exceptions..."
    * Which goes on to detail:
          o Fixed price listings in Books: .01 Euro
          o Fixed price listings in the Music category (CD, Vinyl, etc.) .01 Euro
    * Now the corresponding FVFs have been jacked up to 12%, but this is a listing discussion.
    * Following eBay's IR instructions on listing counts, I found:
          o ebay.de musik-> 1,450,618 (WOW this is a LOT of listings)
          o ebay.com music-> 390,412
          o ebay.de Bücher-> 2,626,855 (WOW, if you thought CDs was high this is nutty)
          o ebay.com books-> 509,129

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...n_eba.html
I'd pay a penny to list my books on the dot com site even if I did have to pay 12% fvf. 

Quote:o ebay.de musik-> 1,450,618 (WOW this is a LOT of listings)
          o ebay.com music-> 390,412
          o ebay.de Bücher-> 2,626,855 (WOW, if you thought CDs was high this is nutty)
          o ebay.com books-> 509,129

.De sell through rates are probably 1/4-1/5 what they are on the .Com site and ASPs are probably .01 Euro  Laughing7
Quote:ASPs are probably .01 Euro 

That's about what they are for CDs on the .com site now. Yellowtonguerazz  If eBay did this in the US it would probably make eBay a very good place to BUY CDs for resale elsewhere because ithe glut of merchandise would push already loooowwww prices even lower.
A related article:

Quote:Bear Stearns analyst Robert S. Peck warned investors to be careful what they ask for when it comes to eBay listings growth.

He said investors have been asking why U.S. core listings growth on the online auction site haven't rebounded as strongly as eBay's German market, which has seen a 34% year-over-year increase in listings so far in 2006 versus 6% in the United States...

But, Peck said Germany's growth may not be the kind of success investors think it is, when they compare Germany with the U.S. market...

The lower listing fees for books and music mean lower revenues per listing and "diminish the true quality of listings and ultimately revenue to eBay," Peck said...

full article: http://www.forbes.com/markets/economy/20...ets05.html