TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay attempts to evolve, but do buyers and sellers like the new direction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:EBay users attending the company's fifth annual extravaganza -- eBay Live, starting today in Las Vegas -- will encounter an online marketplace that has been vastly transformed during the past year after the addition of several businesses, including the blockbuster acquisition of Skype, the Internet telephone powerhouse.

Buyers and sellers will be looking at the San Jose company's plans to integrate its far-flung portfolio and whether the services are even something they want to use.

The changes during the past year represent a big evolution from eBay's roots as an online auctioneer, to virtually every kind of e-commerce -- and beyond. Executives are trying to offset lagging growth in the company's traditional online marketplace by entering businesses that promise future expansion...

full article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...JD0CF1.DTL
I wouldn't refer to eBay's changes as "evolving."
I agree with Anita.

"Evolving" implies changing so as to increase the chances of long term survival/growth. 

I see eBays actions this past year as more of an "aimless wandering."  They're moving . . . just not sure where they're going or how they're going to get there or even if it's where they want to actually wind up.
Another million years and they might evolve into a bunch of monkeys.
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=4086.msg16066#msg16066 date=1150220678]
[/quote]

~Bob ~Bob ~Bob, You forgot the smilies:  Munky2  Munky2  Munky2

Quote:I see eBays actions this past year as more of an "aimless wandering."  They're moving . . . just not sure where they're going or how they're going to get there or even if it's where they want to actually wind up.

This is what makes me want to puke  Puke eBay was so cool way back when. Over the years it has degraded with sellers that game the system, phishers, and wretched management picking off good sellers one by one. This year they seem to have reached a new pathetic low level as the results of their mis-management catch up with them. I guess it is the life cycle of a business to some degree, but it is still sad to see something that worked get so messed up  Sad. Kim
[/quote]

eBay has already reached that point.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4086.msg16076#msg16076 date=1150227528]
[/quote]

eBay has already reached that point.
[/quote]

No, that would be a step up.
Quote:Buyers and sellers will be looking at the San Jose company's plans to integrate its far-flung portfolio and whether the services are even something they want to use.

I decided I didn't want to use any of Ebay's services.  Smile
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4086.msg16081#msg16081 date=1150232475]
Quote:Buyers and sellers will be looking at the San Jose company's plans to integrate its far-flung portfolio and whether the services are even something they want to use.

I decided I didn't want to use any of Ebay's services.  Smile
[/quote]

Good choice. I'm still trying to reach that point.
[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=4086.msg16075#msg16075 date=1150225208]
[/quote]

~Bob ~Bob ~Bob, You forgot the smilies:  Munky2  Munky2  Munky2 [/quote]

Damn! I didn't know we had monkey smilies! I think we need to start having folders for smilies to make them easier to find. Like happy, sad, pukey, animals, sexual, sex with animals, stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2 3