TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: phpBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Directions for version 1.07

search for this code in the index.template.php file:

Code:
// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
                if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
                        echo '<hr />
                                                        <b>', $txt[616], '</b>';
if (isset($context['user']['awaiting_mod']))
            echo '
' . $context['user']['awaiting_mod'];
// Are there any members waiting for approval?
                if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
                        echo '

', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=regcenter">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'];

place the code below AFTER the code above:

Code:
echo '<td width="60%" valign="middle" class="headerbodies" style="padding: 2px 10px 2px 10px; background-color: ' .$mycolors_unread[$set_mycol]. ';"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a>

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></td>';

echo '</tr></table>';
        }

some of the code above may already be there, if it is, the section below is what controls the unread posts function link display:

Code:
echo '
                                <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a>

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a>
';
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4091.msg18313#msg18313 date=1153531942]
I just downloaded it this week.  Did I wind up with an old version?

[/quote]

You're using the current production version 1.07.

We're masochists and have gone through a steady stream of 1.1 betas and release candidates over the past year and each one has had major code changes from the previous beta/RC...grrr.  TulipTools is currently running 1.1 RC2 which was released on New Years Eve.
So I did the right thing (for us) without even realizing it. Smile

I passed the link on to Kathy to make the edits.  Thanks again! Smile

We just made the move last week and we LOVE the new forum.  Smile  It has so many more features than the old one did and it's pretty.  Smile  So far the members love the look and the speed, finding it much much much faster than the old forumforfree php forum!

Kathy's been busy with paying work but promises me I will get my button. Smile

I got my button!!!  Occasion18 Occasion18 Occasion18 Occasion18

Thank  you!! Smile

edited to add:

And all by my lonesome, I figured out how to edit the "you have a personal message" emails to take OUT the content of the email so folks would quit hitting reply and sending their responses to the admins, not the sender.  Smile 

So just how stable (or not) is the latest version of 1.1?

We are *thinking* about upgrading but I'm not sure if we should(n't) put it off a bit more . . . . 

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4091.msg22751#msg22751 date=1157755298]

We are *thinking* about upgrading but I'm not sure if we should(n't) put it off a bit more . . . . 

[/quote]

The only problem with this version is they added a built-in captcha for registration that is almost unreadable.  It is supposed to be fixed in the production version of 1.1

When you upgrade to any 1.1 version you will have to reinstall ALL of the mods you currently have.
[quote author=regic link=topic=4091.msg22760#msg22760 date=1157757746]
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4091.msg22751#msg22751 date=1157755298]

[/quote]

The only problem with this version is they added a built-in captcha for registration that is almost unreadable.  It is supposed to be fixed in the production version of 1.1

When you upgrade to any 1.1 version you will have to reinstall ALL of the mods you currently have.[/quote]

A readable captcha mod was released today.  We'll be installing it this week.

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=474

testuser

Quote:A readable captcha mod was released today.  We'll be installing it this week.

Installed without any problems. Smile
Pages: 1 2