TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay / Auction Service Providers (like SpareDollar)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For my main eBay ID, I haven't bothered to use an auction service, because it has always been such a pain in the a$$ to import everything and clean it all up for the new service--only to change my mind months later, and have to redo everything.

However, I recently made another eBay ID, strictly for selling art. Since I would be starting fresh with a new ID and new product templates, I thought it might be good to pick a good service right from the get-go. That way I could have everything databased in the new auction service program.

I've tried SpareDollar in the past, and was reasonably happy with their service. I'm also looking at Marketworks again. I've asked you guys about MW in the past, but never took the plunge because I dreaded having to reformat or clean-up several hundred auction listings...

Before I pick one to stick with for this new ID, does ANYONE have a favorite auction service program to recommend? Something I don't know about?

I'm aware of

SpareDollar
Marketworks
AuctionSage
Vendio
Andale

Are there any others you love using? Or does anyone hate any of the above? I'd like to get with the best possible one right from the start.
I used Marketworks when it was Auctionworks, and later switched to CA Merchant and used CA until I went 100% website.  I loved Merchant. Other popular services are Zoovy, Kyozou, Infopia. 
Quote:I loved Merchant. Other popular services are Zoovy, Kyozou, Infopia.

Affordable services.  ;D

Zoovy $399 setup
Infopia $699 monthly and up, setup $1999(?)
Channel Advisor Merchant setup $1000(?)
Because . . . well, it's just a special part of my personality Smile . . . I've tried most of these.  Some  more than once.

Sparedollar is dead.  It was bought by InkFrog.   

Marketworks.  I finally got it up and running but the constant bugs and total lack of support just plucked my last nerve and I pulled the plug.  For the third and I hope to gawd last time.  (OK, folks . . . I married my ex twice.  I apparently have a NEED to do stuff like that.)

AuctionSage.  I used it for a while.  I liked it.  One of the things I really liked about it was that it wasn't tied to the eBay API but now, apparently, that's changing.  It has awesome post sale management features.  It lacks any sort of storefront or checkout redirect or any built in CC processing function, if those are concerns.

Vendio.  I tried them last year - only apparently stayed a day or so, but I don't remember why.  I recently tried them again (based in large part on glowing recommendations from smart_blonde - who proves that's NOT an oxymoron).  I like it.  I'm there at least for the time being on one ID and thinking about adding another.  It has the features I'm currently seeking.  It is very easy to use.    It has MOST of what MW offers . . . just simplified . . . and simpler to use.  And without the constant bugs and glitches.  (Uh, anyone every compare the ease/difficulty of setting up the auto launch features of both?)  Oh . . . and, it has customer service.  I LIKE customer service.  I LOVE customer service.    And did I mention that it works?  Consistently.  (At least for me, at least so far, knock on wood.)

Quote:Vendio.. It has MOST of what MW offers . .
Except what I need the most from an auction management service: support for Overstock .  Tongue2

2 newer services I've heard good things about are Channel Max: completely free, lots of features,  supports many venues
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg16090

and mPire builder: $29.95 monthly, eBay only
http://www.mpire.com/products/builder.html
Thanks, guys! I am looking at Vendio right now.

Any experience with AuctionTamer or AuctionSubmit? I was checking them out as well...
I'm checking out channelmax right now . . . .
** Free Trial: You have #DAYS# days Left. **       

From a page logged in at channelmax.

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4093.msg16094#msg16094 date=1150253319]
** Free Trial: You have #DAYS# days Left. **       

From a page logged in at channelmax.

[/quote]

I was wondering how they planned to stay in business without any revenues.  Free is probably until they're satisfied they've eliminated any bugs.    Smile
I looked through Channelmax. Sounds neat, but there were way too many spelling errors and random grammar issues for me to trust them with my eBay login info... Color me silly, if you like. But...

I looked at Vendio and Mpire. Mpire won't work 'cause I need at least Amazon and Yahoo or Overstock as options.

I'm leaning toward trying AuctionTamer, and using O Lister. Unless someone here has had a really bad experience with AuctionTamer...
Pages: 1 2