TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Now Available – Ability to Set Buyer Requirements for Specific Items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:**Now Available – Ability to Set Buyer Requirements for Specific Items*** 

June 13, 2006 | 04:59PM PST/PT

Hi...I'm Clayton Kunz. I work on Trust & Safety, managing policies related to unpaid items. I'm pleased to announce that sellers will now be able to customize Buyer Requirements selections for specific listings through the new Sell Your Item (SYI) form. (Please read our previous announcement about the new SYI, which will launch later this summer.)

What are Buyer Requirements?
As a reminder, Buyer Requirements let sellers block bids from members who meet certain criteria. Buyer Requirements let you block buyers who:

# are registered in countries to which you don't ship
                      # have a negative feedback score (-1, -2, etc.)
                      # have recently received Unpaid Item strikes from eBay
                      # have bought or are bidding on too many of your items recently
                      # don't have a PayPal account.

Setting Buyer Requirements by Listings
Until now, your Buyer Requirements selections would apply to all of your listings at once. This new feature allows you to set your Buyer Requirements selections on an item-specific basis. This gives you the ability to tailor the level of selling risk you're willing to take for individual items.

For example, you may decide to turn on more Buyer Requirements for higher-priced items where an Unpaid Item might be especially disruptive, such as a laptop. For lower-priced items where you’d rather make sure you get more bids -- such as a laptop's power cord -- you might reduce your selections.

If you have previously made Buyer Requirements selections in the Preferences section of My eBay, they display as the default when you list new items. Now, if you'd like to change your defaults for a specific listing you can edit them in the new SYI form. You can also still edit your Buyer Requirements in the Preferences section of My eBay. (For more information, please visit our Help page on Selecting Buyer Requirements.) Item-specific Buyer Requirements are also available in Turbo Lister.

Monitor how many bids you've blocked with Buyer Requirements Activity Log
The ability to make item-specific Buyer Requirements selections is a powerful tool for reducing your unpaid item risk. Because there is a tradeoff between reducing your unpaid item risk and blocking more bids, we recently introduced a tool to let you see just how many bids you've blocked with your Buyer Requirements selections. Check out the new Buyer Requirements Activity Log (read our earlier announcement) by going to My eBay, opening Preferences, and then opening Buyer Requirements. With this new log, you can see exactly how many bids your selections have blocked, and then adjust your selections up or down accordingly.

With these two new Buyer Requirements features, you have full control over how much selling risk you're willing to take on with each of the items you're selling, and you can see exactly what the impact is of your selections on your bidding volume.
  # have recently received Unpaid Item strikes from eBay

There have been several posts lately about sellers reporting NPB and then eBay removes the strike anyway!

# don't have a PayPal account.

Buyers that don't have a PP account should be given a REWARD!