TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock Makes Changes to Ratings Calculation and "Leave Ratings Pages"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ratings calculations changes:

Quote:We have changed the way we calculate Ratings. As a result, many of you will notice an increase in your positive Ratings percentage.

For an example of the new calculation method, please review our updated FAQ page:

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...i?PAGE=FAQ&MODE=ANSW&FQCID=4&FAQID=15103

"leave ratings" pages:

Quote:There will be a few changes made tomorrow (9/13/05) with the Ratings process:

1. When users click on the Ratings link on their homepage, the first page they see is the Ratings Page. At the top of the page will be a reminder of how many transactions within the past 90 days are awaiting Ratings.

Items awaiting ratings (x):
"You have X items awaiting ratings. Click here to leave ratings: "

2. When users click on the Leave Ratings button, they are taken to the Leave Ratings Page. Here, the users will see two sections: "Items I've Won awaiting Ratings" and "Items I've Sold awaiting Ratings" Each section will be sorted by default to end date in descending order, so that the oldest listings are on top. (This is intended to help people remember to leave ratings within the 90 day limit.) The only items shown on this page will be items that need ratings and have a "leave ratings" link next to them. Items will be removed from this page once a rating has been left.

3. When viewing a closed auction, a Rate Buyer or Rate Seller button will be added to the page, viewable only to the winning bidder or to the seller after the auction closes, allowing them to link directly to the page where they can leave a rating for that auction.

Hopefully these changes will improve visibility and make the process easier to manage.