TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Crime victim sues MySpace.com for $30 million for failing to verify users ages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:A 14-year-old Travis County girl who said she was sexually assaulted by a Buda man she met on MySpace.com sued the popular social networking site Monday for $30 million, claiming that it fails to protect minors from adult sexual predators.

The lawsuit claims that the Web site does not require users to verify their age and calls the security measures aimed at preventing strangers from contacting users younger than 16 "utterly ineffective."...

Attorneys general from five states, including Texas, have asked MySpace.com to provide more security, the lawsuit said...

full article: http://www.statesman.com/news/content/ne...space.html
MySpace should provide better onsite security but parents shouldn't allow their children to go meet strangers they met in a chat room. 
Update:

Quote:MySpace.com is planning new restrictions on how adults may contact its younger users in response to growing concerns about the safety of teenagers who frequent the popular online social networking site.

The site already prohibits children 13 and younger from setting up accounts and displays only partial profiles for those registered as 14 or 15 years old unless the person viewing the profile is on the teen's list of friends.

Under the changes expected to be announced today, MySpace users 18 and older will no longer be able to request to join a 14- or 15-year-old's friends' list unless they know the youth's e-mail address or full name...

full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...01768.html
I have an idea!  Sign13  How about parents being responsible for how their kids use their computers??!! 

My dog has his own My Space and he's got lots of buds too. Laughing7
PS There are just two things I can't get him to do.
1) Is getting off the computer when I'm not on it.

Can you guess the other one? 
Laughing4
Wear a sock for protection?  Happy001
He has a sweater... but certain areas are still exposed.  :blinkie:

Sometimes late at night he will come running down the hall and jump on my bed.
Climbs on the extra pillow and all I can here is lap lap lap.

I tell him to get a room and he just cocks his head at me and goes right back at it.

I guess I'm just envious... or jealous...

I don't know.

He really does have his own My Space.
[Image: thechewmister.jpg]

Anyway sorry for the hi jack.

I have to agree with Anita:

How about parents being responsible for how their kids use of their computers??!!  :Smile
:chicken3:

Hi Xppman!
Hi Anita  Wave

Pages: 1 2 3