TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Elite Tool discussion is back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BBH,
Time to rumble?!  Smile

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000077865&tstart=0&mod=1126996834683
I just posted a link to the new discussion on OTWA...maybe someone will follow it.
I noticed that yesterday and decided to steer clear, lol.  I like your quote, Anita.  "you try and figure it out"  Wink
I wish people wouldn't just let the discussion go.  eBay backed it and then later stated it is not allowed, and won't even allow people to talk about how to manipulate the system manually... BUT eBay continues to allow the tool to be used.  People should know what kind of BS games eBay plays... the slimey turdballs! 
My new little nightmare buddy is doing it too. Just loaded about 20 auctions less that 24 hours ago and is revising a good portion of his listing duration’s manually to stay on the first page or two.
My category only usually has about four pages though.

And he says I’m unethical because I try to steer people to my website were my customers pay less and my overhead is lower and my TOS are my TOS?

One note. I’ve tried it a few times and it seems to be counter productive because I think many who may be watching are getting tired of seeing a listing duration change right when they or their software is getting ready to snipe.

The patterns I’m seeing are an indication that this type of manipulation is causing search degradation and now any would be buyers are seeing the same old listing over and over again as well.

Thanks Ethical and the users of this manipulation tool. I see new “listing duration fees” coming into play soon for 1, 3 5 day auctions to try and deter this behavior and for the overall “vibrancy” or Megs bottom line. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=432.msg1812#msg1812 date=1127202650]
I wish people wouldn't just let the discussion go.  eBay backed it and then later stated it is not allowed, and won't even allow people to talk about how to manipulate the system manually... BUT eBay continues to allow the tool to be used.  People should know what kind of BS games eBay plays... the slimey turdballs! 
[/quote]

In one of those "leaked" PeSA forum quotes (I'm too lazy to search for it) someone says that the only reason eBay's largest seller (who at the time of the quote was Glacier Bay) is still selling on eBay is because of that tool.  That is the reason eBay continues to allow it to be used...its similar to the reason for the fee decrease on under $0.99 items they pushed through in February to appease Pompous Jay who likely would not have been able to continue selling profitably on eBay if they hadn't been given the gift of that fee decrease

Quote:The patterns I’m seeing are an indication that this type of manipulation is causing search degradation and now any would be buyers are seeing the same old listing over and over again as well.

Thanks Ethical and the users of this manipulation tool. I see new “listing duration fees” coming into play soon for 1, 3 5 day auctions to try and deter this behavior

Maybe, but that would piss off some of their biggest sellers.  There's always the chance that eBay could add new listing duration fees while at the same time also introducing some sort of volume discounts (which PeSA has long pushed for) in order to appease its largest sellers.  Overstock has had volume discounts since it opened (and PeSA has been there since it opened).