TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay UK 5p Buy It Now with Immediate Payment Listing Day Thursday 29th June 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
End of quarter revenue padding attempt by eBay.  Pay full price now, receive a credit by August 31.

Quote:Members will be charged the full insertion fee at the time of the listing but will be reimbursed for the Insertion Fee amount paid over £0.05 for eligible listings by 31st August 2006 by means of a credit on their eBay invoice. The invoice credit memo for qualifying items will read "Immediate Payment Promotion".
Quote:***5p Buy It Now with Immediate Payment Listing Day Thursday 29th June 2006*** 

26 June, 2006 | 08:00AM BST

Selling with Buy It Now and Requiring Immediate Payment allows you to receive your payment faster which is great for time sensitive items such as concert tickets or simply if you want to get paid in double-quick time.

Terms and conditions apply.
Quote:For the entire day of Thursday 29th June, sellers listing an item with Buy It Now Only (Fixed Price) format in an eligible category and using the Requiring Immediate Payment feature will pay a reduced 5 pence (£0.05) Insertion Fee per listing. To sell with Buy It Now Only (Fixed Price) format using the Requiring Immediate Payment feature, you must have a PayPal Premier or Business account, you must offer PayPal as the only payment method, and you must have 5 or more feedback. Sellers will see that they are charged the full Insertion Fee when listing their item but will be reimbursed for the Insertion Fee amount paid over £0.05. Please refer to "What's Excluded?" for more details.

details: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/5pBIN06jun/
Revenue padding?
Hey didn't some guy named Kenneth Lay do that?  :blinkie:
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4216.msg16690#msg16690 date=1151329559]
Revenue padding?
[/quote]

No, they are promoting the acquisition of additional revenue just prior to the end of the 2nd quarter. Now doesn't that sound better?  Wink;D ;D
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4216.msg16692#msg16692 date=1151330993]
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4216.msg16690#msg16690 date=1151329559]
Revenue padding?
[/quote]

No, they are promoting the acquisition of additional revenue just prior to the end of the 2nd quarter. Now doesn't that sound better?  Wink;D ;D
[/quote]

Yes that sounds much better and i'm sure the type of "wording"
ebayron would prefer to call it.

Or is it creative accounting?

Happy001
Quote:Yes that sounds much better and i'm sure the type of "wording"
ebayron would prefer to call it.

Or is it creative accounting?

Creative accounting, alright. Tongue2

I just got some flak when I posted this topic on the SB. I am sooooooooooooo sick of the cheerleaders, I could bloody well  Puke

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000308024&tstart=0&mod=1151334047647
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4216.msg16698#msg16698 date=1151336645]
Quote:I just got some flak when I posted this topic on the SB. I am sooooooooooooo sick of the cheerleaders, I could bloody well  Puke

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000308024&tstart=0&mod=1151334047647
[/quote]

Quote:Sign in to the community boards.     
hosted by LiveWorld
The specified topic [1000308024] was not found.

Tell the cheerleaders to go boink themselves.  I'm hitting the RSS feeds after pressing the submit button on this post Smile
Quote:Tell the cheerleaders to go boink themselves.  I'm hitting the RSS feeds after pressing the submit button on this post

Happy001

Well, didn't take long for that one to disappear, lol. Add another pink slap to my collection. ;D
I wonder how many sellers who use 3rd party listing services don't see the "full price now, credit next year" fine print and are shocked when their end of month invoice comes?
Quote:Add another pink slap to my collection.

I'd be NARUed if I did that.

Happy001
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4216.msg16709#msg16709 date=1151343988]
Quote:Add another pink slap to my collection.

I'd be NARUed if I did that.

Happy001
[/quote]

mmm..............well, give me time; I've only been there for a few months. Wink
Pages: 1 2