TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay rewrites its Safe Payment Policy and officially Bans Google Checkout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:eBay spokesperson Hani Durzy said the Safe Payments Policy allows eBay to evaluate new payment services to determine if they are appropriate for the eBay marketplace. Until eBay has evaluated and approved a new payment service, it wouldn't be allowed...

According to the policy, eBay considers "whether the payment service has a substantial historical track record of providing safe and reliable financial and/or banking related services (new services without such a track record generally cannot be promoted on eBay)" (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/safe...policy.htm).

When asked about that provision of the policy, Durzy said, "you're reading the policy accurately, it's one parameter we look at." Of Google's rumored payment service, Durzy said, "We don't know what it will look like, we haven't seen it. If it is introduced as a beta test, it probably doesn't meet our definition of having a historical track record." ...

eBay would also ban sellers who use checkout redirect from accepting GBuy:

Quote:Some certified developers use eBay's Checkout Redirect system to create checkout systems for individual merchants, allowing sellers to customize and automate the checkout process. When asked if merchants could accept a service not on eBay's approved list on their checkout system, Durzy said no.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m06/i28/s01
They are certainly bordering on serious anti trust violations here
by yet again trying to stifle any viable competition to their broken down
criminal enterprise PayPal.

Let me tell you how secure PP is today.

Two days ago I created a new e mail address to use with my pp account.
It is NOT published anywhere on the net.
A few minutes ago I get my first PP phishing email on this new account
telling me my PP account is limited.

Now who is giving out my e mail to the phishers.

Could it be PayPal employees selling this information?

Anyway back to the topic.
Hani Durzy and crew can say what they want but as Kat pointed out several times.
All they are telling us is what we can NOT advertise on our pages
as per what forms of payment we take.
They certainly can NOT dictate what we actually accept after the sale.

I for one may just get a GBuy account and I suspect millions who are tired of PP will do the same if you can use GBuy this way.

I'll just advertise I take CC (which we already do via our merchant account any way)
Then on the SYI form page 4.
I'll just take PP off and manually invoice the few customers
we get there anymore and direct them to either my MA or GBuy.

Now what are they going to do about that?

I'm sure if Google feels the need they would file an anti trust suit over this attempt
by ebay (if Google wants in) but I bet Goggle is more interested in the other 86% and rising worldwide market of buyers who don't shop on scambay anyway.

Seems to me with each passing day that ebay and PP
are digging themselves deeper and deeper into a big hole.

That makes me  Happy001

Quote:Two days ago I created a new e mail address to use with my pp account.
It is NOT published anywhere on the net.
A few minutes ago I get my first PP phishing email on this new account

I've had the same thing happen too in the past with both eBay and PayPal even when I used an email address that nobody could guess (e.g. x8edje89suwnh@domain.com) and that was only used once to register the account.

Quote:Some certified developers use eBay's Checkout Redirect system to create checkout systems for individual merchants, allowing sellers to customize and automate the checkout process. When asked if merchants could accept a service not on eBay's approved list on their checkout system, Durzy said no.

Oooh no, I guess I was breaking eBay policy when I listed Moneybookers and PPPay Instant as payment options in my Marketworks checkout.  The funny thing is that while eBay says PayPal is safe for buyers to use and Moneybookers and PPPay Instant are unsafe, both of those "unsafe" payment services are regulated by the UK government's financial services regulator FSA...and uh, PayPal USA is unregulated.
Hussy Ditzy can go fuck himself if he thinks eBay's going to dictate the payments I accept on my third party checkout after the auction ends. Fluck
Quote:I've had the same thing happen too in the past with both eBay and PayPal even when I used an email address that nobody could guess (e.g. x8edje89suwnh@domain.com) and that was only used once to register the account.

Same here... This is NOT the first time an obscure
email addy was given to someone by ebay or pp.

One of my big stinks I got into over at auctionbytesme was the fact that
someone at ebay must have been selling my email address.
Of course the shills they had working for ebay over there kept trying
to wrongfully interpret ebay's policy on the wording about giving out
personally identifiable information thing. :Smile

I'm with sneakymagenta  Thefinger Mr. Dizy we WILL do what we want.  Confusedmileyazwipe:

Quote:Oooh no, I guess I was breaking eBay policy when I listed Moneybookers and PPPay Instant as payment options in my Marketworks checkout.  The funny thing is that while eBay says PayPal is safe for buyers to use and Moneybookers and PPPay Instant are unsafe, both of those "unsafe" payment services are regulated by the UK government's financial services regulator FSA...and uh, PayPal USA is unregulated.

Amazing isn't it.  Laughing7

Hani is such a comedian. Happy001
I can see why they would want to ban it.

It took about 2 minutes for me to go through the complete signup process.  No error, no timeouts during the process.

The buttons for websites will allow a drop down menu.

Some open source shopping carts are already trying to figure out how to incorporate it.

Some of the bigger commercial shopping carts have already figured out how to integrate with it.

It's cheaper.

I, and many others, trust google more than eBay.

So - eBay buyers may feel more comfortable with paypal just because they're familiar with it, but I bet they're familiar with the name "google" also. 

I love that the minute after I signed up for the checkout system, my googlebase items showed the "buy now" button.  That's great. 
To me it's the whole conflict of interest thing.
When I heard the news ebay bought PayPal the firsts words out of my mouth
were "oh no this is going to suck BIG time" (or something like that)..

I rather enjoyed using PayPal up to that point knowing all my eggs were not in one basket.

I tried to reason with myself thinking "well maybe ebay will clean it up a bit".

Boy was I wrong and it was shortly after that I got involved in the forums
and saw the TRUE underbelly of the 800 LB gorilla.

IMO both ebay and PayPal suck.

Oh and as per thier PAID shills  Thefinger  Thefinger  Thefinger  Thefinger
Quote:I rather enjoyed using PayPal up to that point knowing all my eggs were not in one basket.

Billpoint sucked so bad it didn't have an egg basket.  Happy001
eBay rewrote its Safe Payment policy this week and banned Google Checkout.  No announcement was made to eBay members.

Quote:Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, Canadian Tire Money, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet,com, Moneybookers.com, Ozpay.biz, Payko.com, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, AuctionPix.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, Nochex.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, scripophily.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/acce...olicy.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6