TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eCrater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!   BangHead 

MY FIRST SALE OFF-EBAY OR OFF-OVERSTOCK !!

I listed a painting last night, and I have TWO BUYERS today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- within TWO MINUTES of each other!!!!!  What's the deal?

First buyer has a yahoo address, pay by paypal.
Second buyer has a yahoo address, pay by personal check.

Obviously, the paintings are already in yahoo search.  Smile

Umm....so, I notified the second purchaser wannabe that he's second in line, explaining that I don't know HTH this happened!  Emailed the first purchaser wannabe to please make payment by Sunday evening, that I don't know HTH this happened!  :blinkie:

So......HTH did this happen?  Doesn't ecrater remove a single-item listing once the intent to purchase is made?  YIKES !!!!

Even worse, now the first wannabe yahoo buyer's email comes back as undeliverable.  :blinkie: TWICE!!  Now what??!!?? Tongue2 

And, so, what is this *notice* -- Order #11111 -- that ecrater sends?  Is this the *invoice* that you're supposed to forward to the prospective buyer? 

HELP !!  WHAT TO DO?

I do NOT need this carp right now......!!
Doesn't eCrater remove a single-item listing once the intent to purchase is made?

No eCrater is not an auction site.
You need to go in and REMOVE an item after a sale if all you have is one.

eCrater is great for guys like me who manufacture the same items over and over again
or have "same" type stock.

Even worse, now the first wannabe yahoo buyer's email comes back as undeliverable.

So sell it to the second one.

And, so, what is this *notice* -- Order #11111 -- that ecrater sends?  Is this the *invoice* that you're supposed to forward to the prospective buyer? 

That is a notice to you that the a purchaser has ordered an item.
Don't understand why the first one didn't go to check out and pay via PP right away.
But now you can invoice your second buyer on your own.

Quote:Don't understand why the first one didn't go to check out and pay via PP right away.

I agree.  Would've made things a LOT simpler!!  >Sad  Jerk.......... Altho, without as valid email address, I wouldn't've sent the painting anyway.......

Thanks for the info, XPP.

Quote:You need to go in and REMOVE an item after a sale if all you have is one.

That sucks.  Most free shopping carts like osCommerce, Zencart automatically remove soldout items from display. 
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4260.msg16952#msg16952 date=1151777736]
Most free shopping carts like osCommerce, Zencart automatically remove soldout items from display. 
[/quote]

That's because they've got inventory management you :asshat2:
I've been askin Dmitri [at eCrater] for inventory control for a year.    Sad
Blujay has the same issue -

As xppman said, its ideal for sellers with stock items or replenishable items.

But for single quantity items, you run the risk of multiple sales of the same item to different buyers.

Although to have it happen so close together seems unusual - one would usually have enough time to go in and take it down after the first sale to prevent the second.

Congrats on the Ecrater sale though!

Smile Smile
Just a bump to open up this thread again.  Smile
Just an update here.  Those first really fast *sales* I supposedly made were actually from phishers/scammers.  I understand it is very common for new ecrater sellers to receive these rapid fake sales.  These idjits are everywhere on the web, looking for gullible sellers.

Just a heads up alert....  Tongue
Pages: 1 2