TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MasterCard Gets a New Logo and Brand Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smile Corporate marketing speak makes me  Puke

Quote:MasterCard chief marketing officer Lawrence Flanagan told some poor bloke writing the press release: "The launch of the new corporate brand identity follows an extensive analysis of the MasterCard brand and the value proposition it represents to constituents. As we took a close look at the company's unique competitive strengths, we recognised that MasterCard Worldwide is a leader in advancing relationships, insight and commerce around the world. We developed a new corporate brand to reflect the company's strengths in these areas, as well as MasterCard's leading role in defining the industry playing field."...

full article and the new logo: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/06/...d_rebrand/
Yes, corporate marketing speak is pretty annoying, but the logo was due for an update. Otherwise, the MySpace crowd will begin to perceive the company as out of date and out of touch. Not sure I like the new logo, but it's 3D-ness suggests they can do a lot of cool things with it that wouldn't work for the flat, old print logo.
Quote:Not sure I like the new logo

I'm sure I don't like the new logo.  Laughing7
[quote author=amy link=topic=4317.msg17211#msg17211 date=1152235285]
Quote:Not sure I like the new logo

I'm sure I don't like the new logo.  Laughing7
[/quote]You will learn to LOOOOOVE it! Bet they do some cool animatons and maybe cool holograms on the cards.
Quote:but it's 3D-ness

But only part of it is 3D.  The lettering below the 3D image looks out of place...sucks, sucks,sucks (especially the word 'worldwide').  I think they need to go back to the drawing board and do something about the lettering so it fits in better with the new 3D circles.
It looks like they stuck a condom in front of the old logo.
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4317.msg17252#msg17252 date=1152319213]
It looks like they stuck a condom in front of the old logo.

[/quote]

See! It works on many levels. They are subliminally communicating that you are protected with MasterCard.