TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: There's brain drain at PayPal, and it reflects how things are going over there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:It's not uncommon for startup founders to leave after selling their company, particularly when they're rolling in cash. Former PayPal Chief Executive Peter Thiel, for instance, owned shares worth about $68 million at the time of the eBay acquisition. That kind of money makes it easy to start over again.

But years later, PayPal is still losing some of its top staff. Last year, Chief Technical Officer Chuck Geiger left the company. And last week, eBay said PayPal president Jeff Jordan will leave the company after a two-year stint at the top, a move viewed negatively by some analysts...

Former PayPal employees estimate that half of the 200 or so employees who worked at the company's headquarters before the 2002 acquisition have left; of the company's original 50 employees, they estimate, fewer than a dozen remain...

full article: http://www.forbes.com/business/businesst...aypal.html
Paypal is on my shit list today.  A yahoo buyer has been trying for TWO DAYS to pay via them and keeps on getting error messages.  I can believe it - about half the time I've tried to process payments from them, I have been getting error messages, too.
iron,
This is a common problem and been going on for months now.
This is why I must manually invoice my few customers who
still buy anything from me on feebay.
Quote:This is a common problem and been going on for months now.

Are you sure its not years?  Laughing7 Buyers receiving error messages when they try to pay with PayPal seems to be a verrrrrry common problem.  Strangely, I haven't noticed the same problem with my merchant account...even when I was still using the "unsafe" CSI/Linkpoint.

Channel Advisor's CEO has some comments on the eBay/PayPal "brain drain" on his blog:

Quote:    * Shira Levine - Was an awesome category manager, then ran Powerseller program - now at Prosper.
    * Sean Crotty (eBay blogger) - Moved to art.com to run their affiliate program
    * Jeff Housenbold (used to run eBay API team and then marketing) now is CEO of shutterfly.com
    * Doug Galen - Jeff brought him onboard over at shutterfly too.
    * Jeff McManus - Jeff wins the "most changes award". Originally I met him as part of the Microsoft development community, then he ran eBay's developer program.  One week we had a meeting with Yahoo! to meet their new director of their developer program and BOOM, there was Jeff again!
    * Lynn Reedy - profiled in this Forbes article, Lynn ran a big chunk of engineering/product management throughout her tenure.  Rumor has it she was very corporate (the trains run with X seats and thats how we do things - period!) and when Donahue came in they didn't get along to say the least.
    * Dr. Ralph Werner (eBay Germany-super sharp guy with PHD in physics) after running corp dev, took over Mobile.de.  eBay then put some BCS consultant-guy in charge and Ralph is no longer with the company.

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...rain_.html