TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Search Marketing Pros and Cons of Social Tagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:With the advent and growth of social tagging and social search, search marketers should evaluate these for opportunities to effectively market their products and services.

Pros
There are a number of benefits that can be gained from social tagging and from performing searches for content on social search engines:

* It's useful for storing your bookmarks and sharing them with others
    * It's easier to search through your tags for relevant sites than through a browser's bookmarks
    * It's theoretically better at identifying relevant sites as a result of a large community of topic-knowledgeable users tagging them
    * It's theoretically more accurate at ranking sites for visibility by relevance, as sites with high value to end users will be tagged more often
    * It's often able to restrict searches to a user's own tagged content, as many social search engines offer a personalized search componen

full article: http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/10331.asp
[quote author=mandy link=topic=4404.msg17700#msg17700 date=1152965335]
With the advent and growth of social tagging and social search, ...
[/quote]

"Social tagging?" What???? This is a new term for me. I don't get it. I thought social tagging was something else.