TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Images search engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone here have a clue as to how to get *images* in your listings catalogued into the Google Images archives?  Smile

I have a current e-crater listing that has definitely been crawled by a googlebot, cuz if you google 'louise patunen', the listing shows up.  I'm interested to know why the image is nowhere to be found in google 'images' archives under 'louise patunen'.  e-crater uses the Title as the alt text.

Help, please?  I need ALL images of ALL my paintings I will be shoving out on the web to show up under the artist's name...whether they're on ecrater, my own web site, or an ebay store. Smile

Edit to add:  You can also google Rod Goebel, and click on Images on the top bar.  I've clicked on an image, which brings up the archived page.  When viewing the 'properties' of the images, there seems to be no consistent method for google to include it.  Some have alts - some don't; some have titles - some don't; surprisingly, some are ebay auctions!

Any ideas?
There isn't any way to submit images.  Google adds them when it crawls your site.  Their help section isn't very helpful.

Quote:We appreciate your interest in adding your images to Google. At present, we have no process for manually adding images to our results; however, we're working continuously to crawl more images to increase the quality and quantity of images in our index. If your images appear on a publicly available webpage, it's possible that we'll add them in the future.

http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin...swer=34433&topic=8845

I searched G Images for eCrater and only found 3,000 images (I think eCrater has 145,000 listings) so it's possible that there's a longer delay with indexing images than web pages before Google includes them in its index.  Your louise patunen listing is indexed in Google web search.
That's about what I figgered.  No rhyme nor reason.

Quote:If your images appear on a publicly available webpage, it's possible that we'll add them in the future.
That's not very encouraging........ Sad

Which means it's not to be considered/depended upon as any part of a viable business plan...
Quote:it's not to be considered/depended upon as any part of a viable business plan...

Probably not this year. Google's image search still leaves a lot to be desired.  Yahoo's image search is even worse.  Flickr and Riya would be a way to get your images seen, but they're both fairly useless for business because you can't link the photos to your site or store.
All I know is..... every image on AskArt.com, which is a very popular/big web site, is on google images.  And if *I* search *google images* to try to locate certain artists' works, that means other folks are doing it also.  I won't be the only one in the universe doing that....

Until I get my main website up and running with appropriate listings, I'm not gonna fork over the $50/mo to advertise on AskArt as a dealer, with important linkage to all web sites.  At that point, anything 'advertised' on that site should be included in the google images.  I'll just have to hope that google picks up the rest of them on my web site....

Prolly fat chance.