TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
As per the ongoing discussions on the SB, this thread is devoted to the planning, organization and implementation of a 24-hour boycott by eBay stores of eBay. Smileywelcome
odds is in  Angryfire
Pressing the button and feeding this to 48 RSS search engines now for added exposure for this boycott  Smile
24 hours.  OOOOOOOOOOOO

ebay is scared. Come on.
Count me in.  Any way to keep this darn board from jumping up and down?
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4457.msg18051#msg18051 date=1153347235]
24 hours.  OOOOOOOOOOOO

ebay is scared. Come on.
[/quote]

You definitely have a point, xpp, but at least they are trying. That is a little better than looking for more ways to feed the hungry Giant like some of them are doing.

Where the hell is the "shaking head" smilie?
I'm sorry to be such a pootyparper, but the idea of a 1-day boycott of ebay is ridiculously sick.  The fact that any seller is even considering lowering themselves to do that is just pathetic.  >Sad
[quote author=stardust link=topic=4457.msg18059#msg18059 date=1153348132]
I'm sorry to be such a pootyparper, but the idea of a 1-day boycott of ebay is ridiculously sick.  The fact that any seller is even considering lowering themselves to do that is just pathetic.   >Sad
[/quote]

Iamwithstupid Where's the "I'm with Smartie" smilie? Anyway, I totally agree!
Ok There is another prong to this attack.  Tomorrow is the Town Hall Meeting.  We have to pack the meeting hall.  We also have to pack the Brown Bag luncheon on Tues 7/25. 

And someone has to send this "complaint" to the media.  I used to work for a newspaper and will send an email to a couple of editors I know who might still work there.  Ebay thinks because their earnings were up the analysts, and stockholders will love them.  Believe me, we can influence THAT attitude (both ebay's and the stockholders and the analysts).

the only way I see this working is if we all set our items to expire on 8/21.  We renew them at the old rate then.  And when they expire on 9/21 we don't renew them.  And we don't renew them for a long long time....like a whole month.

I don't sell that much from my store so it will be a minor loss of revenue for me.  And I will change the format of them and make them auction or Fixed price listings at the lowest cost and with a reserve if needed.  I will sell cause I know my prices so I'll make it so tempt.  Ebay will get their "core" prices.  No reserve fees, no store fees, no higher starting bid fees. 

C'mon.  We can do this.  I'm off to fix my listings. 
Quote:Ok There is another prong to this attack.  Tomorrow is the Town Hall Meeting.  We have to pack the meeting hall.  We also have to pack the Brown Bag luncheon on Tues 7/25. 

Packing the Brown Bag Lunch next week with protesters is definitely a possibility.  :twistedevil:  The Town Hall Meeting would be harder though because they pre-screen all questions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31