TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How to file a BBB Complaint against eBay for Misleading Advertising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eBay's BBB info:
http://search.bbb.org/viewreport.php?url...d%3D204015&recordid=204015.1216&type=url

At the moment eBay has a satisfactory BBB rating. Several thousand justified complaints from eBay Stores sellers who were misled by eBay might change that.

Online complaints can be filed here:
http://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

Write in misleading advertising as the reason for the complaint. I believe that a company lieing to its customers when it sells a service qualifies as misleading advertising. Smile

You could also file a BBB compalint against eBay for failing to deliver the services you paid for.

Smile
bump for any :asshat2: who hasn't filed a complaint.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=4491.msg20585#msg20585 date=1155339256]
bump for any :asshat2: who hasn't filed a complaint.
[/quote]

I guess I would qualify, Sneaky. Happy001
Keep in mind that you clicked an "I agree" to some disclaimer form when you signed on many moons ago.  Did you read it?  It may or may not have said that Ebay reserves the right to change policies, fees, or whatever was in that disclaimer.

Also, Ebay, I'm sure has a powerful legal staff to fight just about anything.

Quote:Write in misleading advertising as the reason for the complaint. I believe that a company lieing to its customers when it sells a service qualifies as misleading advertising.

AS you can see, out of 201 filed claims that fell under "Advertising Issues" only 15 were resolved.

Quote:Advertising Issue

Advertising  Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

Resolved

BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues
    15 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged  acceptance to the BBB.
    159 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.

Administratively Closed

BBB Definition:

Administratively  Closed - The BBB determined the company made a good faith and reasonable effort to resolve the issues, although the complainant was not always satisfied with the outcome.

26 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
    1 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

You might want to rethink a complaint with the BBB.  The BBB really doesn't mean much these days.

Oh butterflykisses
The more you post here.... The more you sound like one of THEM. Tongue

[Image: AF1Sheep05b.gif]
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4491.msg20617#msg20617 date=1155353952]
Oh butterflykisses
The more you post here.... The more you sound like one of THEM. Tongue

[Image: AF1Sheep05b.gif]
[/quote]

No Xp, she is simply not one of the brightest candles on the cake. And, not worth disturbing the peace.  Smile