TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Fee Auctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Show your favorite Fee Hike listings here.  Don't post just the link because the Boinktards are pulling all listings for Keyword Spamming.  Keyword Spamming is the best eBay could come up with.  Morons.

Seller: junkyardjims ( 605) 
This is an auction for a unique studio recording of The Fee Hike Song, the highly anticipated debut single from The Artist Formally Known as Jims. Jims used to sell books and art on ebay, but times grew tough and he decided to embark on a solo signing (sorry, I mean singing. I don't want to think about the DSS just yet)) career. Mainly unknown in the music world, and the real world come to think of it, Jim's debut single is set to win hearts and minds around the world. Something not many can do.

Radio 1 are incredibly keen to see how Jim's single fares, so much so, they are watching this item. Rumour has it that ebay are being spoilsports of late, therefore, should ebay decide that this song is an inappropriate listing, and then remove it, i'm sure Radio 1 will be happy to expose the fact that ebay are more concerned about repressing free speech than clamping down on illegal items such pirate CDs and DVDs from China.

Be sure to watch this item.  Radio 1 are.

The song Lyrics:

Yeeaah

We used ... to enjoy,
Sel…ling ... on eBay
But now ... that’s all changed,
We got screwed, by eBay

Our fees... have shot up, it’s c**p
We fell, innn to their trap
Now what we say,
Is, you can’t trust eBay

Tell me why (our listings won’t show?)
Tell me why (our insertion fees are now more)
Tell me why (our final fees have soared up)
Cos we trusted eBay

I'll buy ... some chan-ges
But what…de..ranges
Is, that they saaaay
It’s all for, the good of eBay

Gonna go (and sell my stuff elsewhere)
Gonna go (to ebid p’raps or anywhere)
Cos I had) enough of all these changes
They’ve made on eBay

We are shop keepers, just trying to sell here
We don’t really want to go, whoa
Took Paypal or Visa, whatever would please ya
But we fear we’ll have to goooo

We'll try ... to change things
Join us... you’re valued
We'll try (we'll try, we'll try, we'll try ...)
Let’s not give up yet

(Don’t give up, we might just not fail)
(We still like, this big old yard sale)
(Why not try a fee hike ashtray)
Oh yeah ... (Iight just sell on eBay)

Wanna try (to change those minds, up top)
Wanna try (to stay one happy family)
Wanna try (so we can keep on sel-ling )
(Right here on eBay)

Let’s all try (respect the other poster)
(Even trolls and the odd flamer)
(Don't know why ...we have to argue anyway)
(We’re all part of eBay)

Yes, we’re all part of eBay-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230011723207&fromMakeTrack=true

ROFL, love it. Pulled yet????? Happy001
LSOSBs pulled mine last night for Key Word Spamming.

The cited my entire title.  I'm not quite sure how "eBay Stores Fee Hike Protest Auction - Send Bill A CLUE" qualifies as KWS when I was selling . . . clues to be sent to Bill C in protest of the eBay stores Fee Hike.

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4504.msg18617#msg18617 date=1153836672]
LSOSBs pulled mine last night for Key Word Spamming.

The cited my entire title.  I'm not quite sure how "eBay Stores Fee Hike Protest Auction - Send Bill A CLUE" qualifies as KWS when I was selling . . . clues to be sent to Bill C in protest of the eBay stores Fee Hike.

[/quote]

Do you have a copy of it to post here?
I used to.
I thought I did. 
I apparently deleted yesterday accidentally.
I tried finding it in google cache, but struck out.  Sad

Here is what it looked like, though:

http://ironchickstreasures.com/billneedsaclue.htm

I'm gonna post it on yahoo. Smile
BTW - I just wrote Darlene at Stores, asking if she can help me identify the KWS so I can relist and not get in trouble again. Smile

I think eBay is STOOOPID to make such a big deal out of cancelling all the protest auctions, but I think eBay is often STOOOOPID, so that's really nothing new.  Smileykoolaid
Auctionbytes has a story on the removal of the auctions.

Quote:Jody, who owns an eBay Store called Beachcombers Bazaar, had posted a listing for "eBay Stores FEE HIKE spirit bangles." The auction had received 44 bids and was up to $160 by Sunday evening. On Monday, eBay removed the listing for keyword spamming (KWS).

Jody said, "The bangles are specifically created for the fee hike and to relieve fee hike frustration, so I don't know how that is KWS. We all know that is not why the fee hike auctions were removed."

When asked why she thought eBay had removed the protest auctions, she said, "Some of the fee hike auctions may have been inappropriate and some may have had violations, but overall eBay did what eBay does best. Shoot first and ask questions later. A low level Trust and Safety employee responded to received reports and rather than look at the auctions and use reason to determine if they should be removed or not, simply ended them. It makes eBay look petty. Censorship is never pretty."...

fill article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m07/i26/s01
So, I relisted. One auction, two store inventory format.  Identical in every way except for the title.  The auction and one store listing did NOT have the offensive, allegedly key word spamming words "fee hike."  The other store listing did.

The store listing with "fee hike" was cancelled for being: no item AND feedback solicitation.

The other two listings, identical in every way except for a couple of words in the title . . . they're still there.

LSOSBs. 

Quote:The store listing with "fee hike" was cancelled for being: no item AND feedback solicitation.

Happy001
Quote:The store listing with "fee hike" was cancelled for being: no item AND feedback solicitation.

The other two listings, identical in every way except for a couple of words in the title . . . they're still there.

LSOSBs. 

Happy001
Pages: 1 2