TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Norway Doesn't need no stinkin' Wal-Mart Stock!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Fortune International -- Imagine this for a government conundrum: revenues so high it's hard to know how to spend them. No wonder Norway, flush from oil exports, is picky about where it invests its $236 billion government pension fund - the third largest on the planet.

In June it divested about $430 million worth of shares from Wal-Mart Stores (Charts) and Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Charts), after savaging Wal-Mart for "serious and systematic" labor violations in several countries and Freeport for dumping copper tailings in a New Guinea river.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/24/magazine.../index.htm
Quote:"Their public characterizations of us don't appear to be based on complete information," says Wal-Mart spokeswoman Beth Keck

I agree.  Complete information would have included the words sweatshop labor, scumbags...  Smile
[quote author=amy link=topic=4508.msg18678#msg18678 date=1153889773]
Quote:"Their public characterizations of us don't appear to be based on complete information," says Wal-Mart spokeswoman Beth Keck

I agree.  Complete information would have included the words sweatshop labor, scumbags...  Smile
[/quote]

I couldn't have said that better myself!