TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MrO's apology to Vital
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vital,

I am sorry I stomped your feelings yesterday. I think it happened when I was trying to convince you I was not going to make a mockery of your videos, but try to make them as slick as possible. I probably ran off the laundry list of what I perceived needed fixing without considering the impact of what I was saying. I was in a rare excellent mood, and was really looking forward to diging into the post-production phase. NOTHING was said with the intention of being mean, which is rare for me.

I just wish you'd let me work with you on your freakin' video so I could show everybody what I'm talking about. Maybe we could do it through PM, and then present the results when we both agree we've made a lot of progress. I think the final result will show that all my "mis-statements" were actually just grossly mis-interpreted. It doesn't make any sense for me to launch into personal attacks on your video when I've been trying to encourage you to take that step for what seems like forever. When things can be read a couple of ways, I wish you would have given me the benefit of the doubt, and turned a deaf ear to the wicked people trying to turn things into what they were not.

I hope we're still friends, and I am sorry for my blind stupidity.
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=4574.msg19198#msg19198 date=1154391254]
When things can be read a couple of ways, I wish you would have given me the benefit of the doubt, and turned a deaf ear to the wicked people trying to turn things into what they were not.
[/quote]

There weren't too many "good ways" to interpret comments referencing how even "ugly ZZ Top Guys" can be made to look better ... that I'm so ugly that no amount of makeup with have any effect at all, and (my interpretation) ... "the video would be much better if you made a clipart image of yourself (modified to look good) -- or just put a bag over your head."

Well first of all, I'm really not out to impress anyone.  I'm a "guy" afterall, remember?

I won't ever be able to "see" what others are "seeing" in the video with respect to how I look since I know how to "fill in the blanks" of bad video.  I don't have a space between my front teeth for instance like the video makes it look.  I don't have one shinier tooth than another like the video seems to show.  I am fat, old, and have unmanageble hair, but I had never thought I was ugly.  I may not be "your type" but that shouldn't automatically translate to ugly.  I also wonder if I really have that "lisp" sort of thing that the video seems to be showing.  If I do, then it's news to me.

So anyway, it takes a high amount of bravery to expose yourself to a world of people that have only known you from text, and if you want to encourage people to come out from behind the keyboard and start doing these videos --- my advice is to ditch the Rosanne comparisons (although I think I'd almost prefer that comparison to your "good one" i.e. Paris Hilton)

Also ... the only reason (before yesterday) that I hadn't sent the video was due to time and/or technical glitches in trying to do that.
I only watched a few of the videos, and you referenced makeup in the video and the thread. I was trying to say the entire videotaping/lighting to YouTube/compression process would undo any makeup attempts. Sure, makeup is fine, but that doesn't address the purple/gray skintone.

You have a lot of video competition on the Internet. I was trying to say it's more important to present a strong image that people can instantly identify with than putting a little powder on your nose. With ZZ Top, the beards are extreme, but it's so simple, it sticks in your mind. With Mimi, the ridiculous makeup is unforgettable. Roseanne Barr dresses her character and chews her gum, but I don't think she's at all ugly in real life.

I wanted to use your clipart for some of the graphics effects. You've talked abouthow people use them for t-shirts, websites, printwork, and other things. I wanted to mess with them in Flash and in After Effects.

Yes, it takes a lot of bravery to put your face out there. If you'll give me a chance, I want to make happy with the end product.
Ok, I am a newbie around these parts of the country, and mostly read here & there, because I can't stay logged in.  So I do not know the history, of the post, or posters.

I am guilty lol, I peeked at some of the videos last week.  I was too curious.  Now keep in mind, I do not have speakers, I have no idea, what you were talking about, except for the titles.  However, I found watching them entertaining, I saw a soft, gentle, honest approach, I found charming.

So if you were selling something, in the video, I would buy it, if I were a customer.  I even like the cat lol, kitty is beautiful.  When she jumped on chair, you cold see how you adore the cat, was nice to see, you did not just throw her off, in a huff.

I missed the post everyone is referring to, but just wanted to give kudos for doing them.  One day will have to go to library, to listen lol.
That would have to be one of the goofiest hats I have ever seen! Reminds me of all the Electroencephalograms I've had.
Why thank you!!  That was just the look, I was going for.  It was not actually done, when pic was taken.  Icon_geek
What's missing? Little pom-poms?
Is it ok to post link?  Or is that spam, I know you are not going to buy it, just easier than getting pic link html.
Just read this spam disclaimer, guess I can't, maybe later I will look up pic html, after more coffee.
I'm the wrong one to ask. I thought you could put something in your signature, but I don't pay attention.