TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Give eBay more money and see no increase in sell-throughs with new Gallery Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New eBay feature Galley Plus: $0.75 extra per listing.  You won't see any increase in sell-throughs if you use this feature but you will see a decrease in profit margins.  Hope this helps.  :twistedevil:

Quote:***Original: Show Bigger Pictures with Gallery Plus*** 

July 27, 2006 | 04:31PM PST/PT

Hi...this is Steve Grove with eBay's Product Management team. I'm here to introduce Gallery Plus, which will be available in the next few days. Gallery Plus is a new listing upgrade designed to help you better showcase your items.

Gallery Plus is just like our current Gallery listing upgrade � just bigger! When you use Gallery Plus, an "Enlarge" icon will display right below your Gallery image on search results pages. A buyer can click or hover over the icon with their mouse, and a larger version of the picture will appear (up to 400x400 pixels, depending on the original size of the picture). This is useful for items such as antiques or clothing, where detailed photographs improve the likelihood of a bid or sale.

Gallery Plus costs a flat $0.75 (which includes the regular Gallery fee), and is also included as part of Gallery Featured for free. On eBay Motors vehicle listings, Gallery Plus is $2. For complete pricing information, please see our information page.

Sellers will be able to add the new Gallery Plus upgrade from the Sell Your Item form, or any of eBay�s selling tools such as Turbo Lister. To include Gallery Plus on your existing listings, please use our Revise Your Item form. (Please note that Gallery Plus is only available for images hosted through eBay Picture Services).

Sincerely,

Steve Grove
eBay Product Management

more info: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.htm...me=CMDV:AB
That translates to an extra 40 cents, which includes you in Gallery Featured??..

Only useful if peeps mouseover or click the image.  I never do that.  I always just hit the item link, not the image link.  Pooey.  Tongue
Quote:New eBay feature Galley Plus: $0.75 extra per listing.

The only enhancements I ever used when I sold on eBay were gallery and buy it now.  My listings did as well or better than my competitors who used the flashier enhancements.
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4576.msg19481#msg19481 date=1154586199]
Quote:New eBay feature Galley Plus: $0.75 extra per listing.

The only enhancements I ever used when I sold on eBay were gallery and buy it now.  My listings did as well or better than my competitors who used the flashier enhancements.
[/quote]

When I see a listing overloaded with enhancements I know I'm dealing with an amateur.
Quote:Hope this helps.

Thanks "Darlene"...  Smileylol Kim