TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: ImageKind: a CafePress for Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:ImageKind, a site that offers users the ability to upload art (which can be in the form of digital photography, digital/computer generated artwork and scanned traditional artwork) and then have it professionally printed/framed/mounted, has launched in beta.

Real humans do the printing and do their utmost to ensure the prints come out properly and look right. There are tens of thousands of combinations of how the artwork can be printed with different papers or canvases, frames, mounts and glass...

As well as just uploading art and having it printed, members can also set up galleries and set pricing on their art, which other members can print...

full article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/01/...beta_site/

From the site:

Quote:Sell your art in your own free gallery.

Few sites let you create your own virtual gallery. We let you set your own prices and keep all the profit! When you sell your prints you also earn commissions on the mats, frames and glass!

Quote:What’s unique about our service?

Many online outlets provide photo printing. ImageKind is different. We provide an outlet for production of high quality fine art prints from your digital photos and files. Our service provides the highest quality printing with rich, lasting colors on thousands of combinations of mats, frames and papers. Learn more...

The ImageKind web site: http://www.imagekind.com/
This looks very interesting. I'll have to check it out.
My anti-eBay and anti-WalMart shirts were denied. 
Are you serious??? Did they say why?

I'm guessing they claimed some kind of trademark infringement, but I'll bet you can make some adjustments to get past that.
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=4586.msg19334#msg19334 date=1154484676]
Are you serious??? Did they say why?

I'm guessing they claimed some kind of trademark infringement, but I'll bet you can make some adjustments to get past that.
[/quote]

Yes, trademark problems.  No biggie.  I had a friend embroider what I had to say on a shirt.  Smile
I thought that would fall under the category of spoof or parody and would be protected by law. I don't understand.

It's an important issue to me because I'd like to do a lot of that for fun and profit. I posted a parody of the Starbucks logo a while ago, and the judge ruled that the artist could continue to print hats, tshirts, etc as long as he didn't make a profit. The issue was his use of the word "whore" on the logo; otherwise, she probably would have let him profit. Of course, his logo did not include the word "Starbucks."

In your case, maybe they were just intimidated by the Wal-mart and eBay lawyers.