TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: So....All told, how many of us here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
are closing our Stores on eBay in August (and) starting our own website for our wares?  I am, definitely.
[quote author=sliique link=topic=4603.msg19375#msg19375 date=1154518714]
are closing our Stores on eBay in August (and) starting our own website for our wares?  I am, definitely.
[/quote]

Morning, sliique!

I closed mine before the fee hikes. Too many times my items were NOT coming up in search when they should have been. That was enough for me.

I already have one website with another (slowly) in the works.

I had intended to maybe still do some auctions once in awhile but I doubt if I will now. I've had all of eBay's antics that I can stand.  Protest
Hell,I don't know what to do Smileyyellowbang

I so want to get out of there, but I put a lot of $ in that stupid store and due to personal circumstances, have not even gotten it going yet.

On the other hand, I HATE ebay. They literally make me ill.

Can't decide. And, i am not usually indecisive. Actually, "full speed ahead, and damn the torpedos" is usually me.

Iamwithstupid
Heh! I hate to close mine, too.  However, their bs has finished me, I'm definitely closing and will just run a few auctions per week.
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4603.msg19379#msg19379 date=1154521742]

I so want to get out of there, but I put a lot of $ in that stupid store and due to personal circumstances, have not even gotten it going yet.

Can't decide. And, i am not usually indecisive. Actually, "full speed ahead, and damn the torpedos" is usually me.

Iamwithstupid
[/quote]

Belle, here's the thing: Ebay will consume so much of your time with their never-ending glitches and constant changes that your websites will suffer from lack of attention.

Have you thought about at least shutting down the Ebay store for the time being and giving the websites a go first? You can always reopen on Ebay if it looks like things are improving. Or just run auctions trying to grab customers for your websites.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4603.msg19386#msg19386 date=1154523428]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4603.msg19379#msg19379 date=1154521742]

Iamwithstupid
[/quote]

Belle, here's the thing: Ebay will consume so much of your time with their never-ending glitches and constant changes that your websites will suffer from lack of attention.

Have you thought about at least shutting down the Ebay store for the time being and giving the websites a go first? You can always reopen on Ebay if it looks like things are improving. Or just run auctions trying to grab customers for your websites.
[/quote]

Yeah, I have. You know, Cranky, you're right. Why should I feed ebay? It makes no sense, really. Especially since I hope they frickin starve. I'll make a decision by tomorrow.
Belle, I am one who thinks that eBay stores will undergo radical changes in the near future...maybe even a total shut-down. So I don't think it is wise to put too much faith in them anyway.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4603.msg19389#msg19389 date=1154524238]
Belle, I am one who thinks that eBay stores will undergo radical changes in the near future...maybe even a total shut-down. So I don't think it is wise to put too much faith in them anyway.
[/quote]

I know. I have long thought that they are planning to rid themselves of the  stores. Unless something drastic occurs, my guess is that they will be gone within a year, putting many small business owners who have stuck with the ratboinktards out of business. The implications of that are so horrendous, I can hardly comprehend them. Even if they are mostly sheep, no one deserves that.
SHAME on you, Pierre.
Quote:Or just run auctions trying to grab customers for your websites

Bingo... that's what I've been doing since day one over six years ago.
Also listing all over the place a free sites or no fees till you sell sites.
Helps with SEO.
Quote:Also listing all over the place a free sites or no fees till you sell sites.
Helps with SEO.

Morning, XPP!

Do you mind if I ask which sites are the best for you? You don't have to answer if you would rather not. Or PM me if you don't want the lurking ones to know.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6