TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Let's be practical...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know Oracle is a lovely database. I bought ten copies just for the beauty of it. But how many people on TT use Oracle??? How 'bout NONE!

You Bears don't like Access, but the reality is it is popular, even among large companies. It deserves a topic. Seems like DB2 is missing, since Oracle has it's own topic, but I don't think anyone is using DB2 either. My educated guess is MS SQL Server is far more popular among TT Gates-lovers, but we are missing the MS SQL topic. MySQL belongs because it's popular and easy to use. PostGres/PostgreSQL belongs because it is the "better, more SQL correct" free database, even if it isn't that popular. There are a zillion other databases, but it's fine for them to stay in the general discussion.

So, drop the pretentious Oracle topic. Add Access and MS SQL, not because you like 'em, but because it is closer to reality. Since we're going to start building Rich Media Applications, we'll need to work with some databases and discuss them a bit more.
Sorry, I can't read what you said.  :twistedevil:

Quote:misteroriginal
Big Member
2624.00 credits
View Inventory
Icehole

Next Level:
68.8% ( 172 / 250 )

Let's be practical...
« on: Yesterday at 10:27:03 PM » Quote Modify Remove Warn Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This user is currently ignored.
The time is ripe to start the revolution and take over TT!!! Ha-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Quote:misteroriginal
Big Member
2624.00 credits
View Inventory
Icehole

Next Level:
68.8% ( 172 / 250 )

Let's be practical...
« on: Yesterday at 10:27:03 PM » Quote Modify Remove Warn Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This user is currently ignored.

PLONK Smile
dangit
People have Mr.O's posts ignored?  Am I reading that right?
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=4645.msg19856#msg19856 date=1154886587]
People have Mr.O's posts ignored?  Am I reading that right?
[/quote]I was trying to figure out how to ignore my posts too, but that feature seems to be missing.
I forgot about the ignore button on here.  Lol
We use Oracle at work.

I am not very familiar with it though...

(I am not rude enough to ignore anybody.)  Cya
I'm well aware that Oracle is THE database, but I'm not sure how much that applies to any of us here, and the topic was kind of empty.
Pages: 1 2