TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Is unsolicited forum advertising spam when the forum's user agreement forbids it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Do we need Kirk and I to prepare a "spamming" tutorial? (As some have referred to the exchanging of information).

Spammers are losers without anything of value to offer. That's why they need to spam.  Happy001

==================
Administrator's note:
TOPIC SPLIT FROM ANOTHER TOPIC: thread title created when topic moved
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=4639.msg19804#msg19804 date=1154842567]
Quote: Do we need Kirk and I to prepare a "spamming" tutorial? (As some have referred to the exchanging of information).

Spammers are losers without anything of value to offer. That's why they need to spam.  Happy001
[/quote]But I wish the Bears would have "spammed" their own board. I was in the market.

[/quote]

That is really weird thinking.  It's generally called "advertising."
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=4639.msg19812#msg19812 date=1154845086]
Quote: a "spamming" tutorial? (As some have referred to the exchanging of information).

[/quote]

[/quote]

All spam is a form of advertising.  When the advertising of a site or service is done on a forum whose user agreement explicitly forbids unsolicited advertising, which is most forums including this one, then it is spam.

I'll agree with sneaky that 99% of sites or services that are advertised through  unsolicited spam emails, usenet group postings, or forum messages are generally not worth looking at. 
[quote author=regic link=topic=4646.msg19813#msg19813 date=1154845988]
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=4639.msg19812#msg19812 date=1154845086]
Quote: a "spamming" tutorial? (As some have referred to the exchanging of information).

[/quote]

[/quote]

All spam is a form of advertising.  When the advertising of a site or service is done on a forum whose user agreement explicitly forbids unsolicited advertising, which is most forums including this one, then it is spam.

I'll agree with sneaky that 99% of sites or services that are advertised through  unsolicited spam emails, usenet group postings, or forum messages are generally not worth looking at. 
[/quote]

That's really a shame, because you have your target market right here, right under your nose, practically begging for help in getting set up with a store, and yet you won't tell us that your offerring that service.  Quite a bummer.

Edit to Add:  It's almost like having a Doctor refuse to reveal that he's a Doctor during an emergency.
I have no clue what the bears do. Does anybody know? Do the Bears know. If BBH tells Amy his plans for the day, is he spamming her since it was unsolicited and she has a policy against it?
Quote:I'll agree with sneaky that 99% of sites or services that are advertised through  unsolicited spam emails, usenet group postings, or forum messages are generally not worth looking at.

Same here I'm finding the Ignore button can be a great tool.  Happy001