TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How to code web pages with AJAX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A little more than a year ago, an article by Jesse James Garrett was published describing an advanced Web development technique that, even though individual components of it have existed for years, few Web developers had ever stumbled across...

This article introduces you to that practice, the practice of updating Web pages with information from the server. Beyond the XMLHTTP Request object, which has been around for several years as a solution looking for a problem, there is nothing weird needed. Basically, it is how the individual pieces are put together. When they're put together in one way, it is nothing more than a pile of parts; however, when put together in another way, the monster essentially rises from its slab...

full article: http://www.computerworld.com/action/arti...ticleBasic&taxonomyId=18&articleId=9002170
Quote:On the subject of compatibility, I don't want to scare you off, but let me point out that the more advanced the client-side coding is, the more likely it is that there will be issues.
Great article. This is the reason I prefer Flash. I think it's easier to get consistency.