TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: :blinkie: SQL Database Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

At the moment I have 2 questions re the database.

1. If I have 2 separate sites, I assume I need to use a separate database for each site?

2. I originally installed OsCommerce on one site into the database. I want to remove it and have the Zen with all the mods installed. Will this screw up the database and additionally, how do I uninstall the OSC? :blinkie:

1. If I have 2 separate sites, I assume I need to use a separate database for each site?

You could either add a new database for the 2nd site or use the same database for both sites (if using one database you would use different table extensions, example:  zen_table, osc_table, when you install programs.)

Quote:. I originally installed OsCommerce on one site into the database. I want to remove it and have the Zen with all the mods installed. Will this screw up the database and additionally, how do I uninstall the OSC?

It won't screw up the database.  You can uninstall osCommerce by clicking on the Elephante Free Scripts" icon in your control panel and then clicking on the icon with the red X next to osCommerce in the list.

Thanks, Regic! Snorting