TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay sellers using MySpace to promote their businesses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
part 1 of a 3 part article

Quote:MySpace.com wasn't set up as a business site. But it's perfect for meeting new people and promoting oneself. For example, a musician can post a clip of a recent composition. So wouldn't MySpace also be great for publicizing an eBay Store or a group of eBay auction sales? That's what a group of enterprising eBay sellers have been discussing on the PowerSeller message boards and in other community forums. A growing number of sellers have created MySpace "spaces" devoted to their eBay businesses. They say they're benefiting in terms of increased traffic to their eBay Stores, better search placement on sites like Google, and better sales.

One such believer is an eBay seller who goes by the User ID BluKentucky and sells antiques and curios from the Bluegrass State. Not long ago, he spent an hour or so creating a profile that promotes his eBay business. (You'll find it at www.myspace.com/blukentucky)...

"I've noticed a substantial increase in traffic coming to my eBay Store from MySpace," he says. "In fact, several buyers have emailed me to say that they found me on MySpace."...

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y206/m08/abu0172/s03
part 2 of the article:

Quote:Once you have a basic knowledge of MySpace under your belt, spend a few minutes getting some preliminary content ready for your site. Most people create their MySpace sites "on the fly" in a matter of minutes, following an impulse to promote themselves or connect with others. But remember that you're going on MySpace to develop content for your business. So take a little extra time to follow a few easy steps:

1. Pull together some photos you want to use. The first thing you are asked to do when you start creating your space, in fact, is to upload photos - this seemed odd to me, and I skipped this step intending to come back to it later. Unfortunately, I am now unable to display my photo on my MySpace home page. My photo appears on my blog, but I haven't yet figured out how to move it onto my profile. (It's one of several aspects of MySpace's web creation system that I found to be less than intuitive.) So have your photo ready when you begin, as well as your store logo if you want to use it as well...

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y206/m08/abu0173/s03