TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Option to Display Seller Feedback in Search Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I "borrowed" both those lines from other sellers... so I can't take the credit.  I had to remove 'em when I started my charity auctions.  Sad
XPP,
I have all those sites blocked as well.  NEVER EVER have I had ANY problems. 
Quote:the seller with a low 96% positive

I only know this is bad because one of my friends who sells on eBay told me it is bad for eBay. Otherwise 96% seems like a high percentage of satisfied shoppers.  :-[
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=479.msg1969#msg1969 date=1127627236]
Well at least buyers would need to "customise display" to see the feedback which means that most will never know about it.

To a newbie 96% positive feedback sounds really good.[/quote]

Yep on both counts. It should help high volume sellers who provide reallllly crappy service.[quote author=xppman link=topic=479.msg1987#msg1987 date=1127657164]
These people at ebay have really become TRUE MORONS.

Don’t they realize that most people just want to point click and shop?
I don’t think many give a rats a$$ about custom settings, bells and whistle and such.
ebays over cluttered pages with useless junk is what I think has and continues to RUN off buyers.

They just want to get in, buy something and get the hell out I would think.

feeBay get your head out of you’re a$$.
Oh wait it’s been stuck their so long they would have to amputate.

[/quote]

Agreed.  eBay is a PITA to shop at and it drives buyers elsewhere (which is fine with me as long as I'm selling at the elsewhere  Smile ).  Like many buyers, I'm even willing to spend a little more for an item if it means I can avoid the annoyance of shopping on eBay (and the after auction annoyance of trying to contact the seller to make payment arrangements, etc).
Quote:
Agreed.  eBay is a PITA to shop at and it drives buyers elsewhere (which is fine with me as long as I'm selling at the elsewhere  Smile ).  Like many buyers, I'm even willing to spend a little more for an item if it means I can avoid the annoyance of shopping on eBay (and the after auction annoyance of trying to contact the seller to make payment arrangements, etc).

I also love it when they buy direct from any of us off ebay so I don't know why I'm even talking about feebay's bumbles and "enhancements". LOL

The more ebay screws up the better for all of us at other venues and our websites me thinks.

I had a great weekend in sales (starting Friday afternoon).
I even had a guy who had bought before from me (via feebay), buy another this weekend and he commented that he should have purchased the first time from my website as it was easier, faster and an overall better experience.

I like to hear stuff like that.

So I guess we should look at ebays enhancement happy always tinkering with the site if it aint broke break it mentality as a good sign as well as a bad sign.
I’ve also come to the realization that ebay is going to be around and it will still have to be a part of our business model for now even if minimal. I do still hold that I can’t wait till another site or two really picks up in popularity by prospective buyers. Hey Goggle are you listing? 

Even if Yahoo would get off it’s butt and ADVERTISE the auction side more aggressively me thinks more buyers would run over to them.
I can recall a time when Yahoo Auctions was buzzing like crazy like 5 years ago or so.
Quote:Even if Yahoo would get off it’s butt and ADVERTISE the auction side more aggressively me thinks more buyers would run over to them.
I can recall a time when Yahoo Auctions was buzzing like crazy like 5 years ago or so.

I remember that time.  Smile There was even talk on Wall Street that Yahoo would become the top US auction site.  :blinkie:

The US Yahoo Auction site is showing life for the first time in years...I'm no longer convinced its run by robots...me thinks Yahoo brought in people from their Asian sites in June to turn it around.  Wink They did have a banner ad on the front page of Yahoo one day last week advertising the Auctions.
Pages: 1 2