TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Buyers and sellers pissed off by delays in Google Checkout transactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Merchants and shoppers are complaining that Google's Checkout often takes too long to complete sales transactions and sometimes cancels orders unjustifiably and without warning.

The problem apparently stems from the review process Google performs on the Checkout transactions to prevent fraud. While they applaud antifraud efforts, users of this high-profile service, which was launched in late June, say Google needs to speed up the review process and improve its review-related customer service and communications. Otherwise, Checkout, which observers have characterized as a potential "killer" of rival service PayPal, risks failure, some warn...

full article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,126694...ticle.html
So far GP has been OK but the lack of simplicity for the sellers
is going to hurt them. If they wont even provide a standard link so a customer can just
go in fill out a form for them pay.

If they did many ebayers and smaller merchants
would probably use the service more and provide that link
in an EOA e mail.

I've made a work around form using and web page but you still have to provide a link
to the customer to direct them to the form then they have to
fill out auction site, item number and total then submit it for direction to Mal's
then from Mals to either Google PP or your merchant account.
(or to Mal's free cart side).

Pain in the asp if you want to do it direct to Google from a web page
because you need to generate a button for each item.

We started offering it on Overstock and Yahoo through our Marketworks checkout 2 weeks ago but nobody has used it yet.

I've been experimenting for a few weeks.
Have GP MA and PP as payment options.
So far MA is still the big winner.

Had 1 PP payment since the first of the month and 2 GP.
I'm really not impressed with GP and you KNOW I don't trust PP.

OT ...Hey thanks regic for all your help. I'll try to use that form generator again when I'm in the mood. But all is good now with the work around.  Smile
Quote:Have GP MA and PP as payment options.

We stopped offering PP on 2 of our websites because when we blocked all of eBay's IP addresses last week it also blocked PP's IPs.  Merchant account and Moneybookers only on those sites now.  PayPal was only 4% of sales on those sites last month.
I've seen a significant drop in pp payments over the last several months.

Used to be able to use my pp debt card to buy stuff..
now it has so little in the account I don't even whip it out.

It's not like we aren't offering the service. It's like many of us have said.
Once your out of feebay land the peeps don't want no pp.  ;D
Almost a quarter of my eBay buyers are using my MA instead of PayPal.  Smileykoolaid
A related article about Google Checkout glitches:

Quote:Some users of Google's online payment processing system Google Checkout are experiencing technical glitches.

The service, which some analysts say poses a competitive threat to eBay's (EBAY - commentary - Cramer's Take) PayPal, sometimes takes longer than anticipated to process orders. The delays are caused by Google Checkout's fraud protection features...

In addition, some shoppers have complained that orders through Google Checkout have been canceled without justification,...

full article: http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/newsan...en=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA
I woke up to an e mail from Google yesterday.
Seems I was in violation their logo policy.
Some blurb about where or how I could place one of their logos on my site.
With-in about two minuets their logo was gone and I reverted back
to one that rotates PP and LP.

I sent an "oh I'm sorry" reply as per their instructions,
letting them know I've complied.

Thought about it for 24 hours (well not really)...
Woke up this morning... scanned my mind about the things I already didn't
like about Google Payments and decided to go ahead and pull it off
at my Mal's cart as a payment option too.

Already got one non regulated service. Why have two?