TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Censorship on Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Today, for the first time, I was censored on a forum (NOT here).

The post was edited and I was not even notified. Twice!!

So, I would like to know if it is acceptable to censor posts on a foum. And when is it acceptable.

Just to be fair, I should probably point out that I was attempting a bit of rabble rousing.

And to be honest, I should say that I am steaming mad! Angryfire
It's usually a forum killer when the admins do that.
You mean some of your post was remove and not all of it?

If so was there some type of notation of the censor?
I remember well the editing that went on by Ray at FAS. I would not participate on any board that practiced that type of thing.

Removing the post of an obvious spammer is about all I go for.
I'd even go for a lot of F words and stuff.

I like TT's replacements words here.. after all we are all adults so I guess
if I want to say fuck  you I should be able to.
Or if I wanted to say man thats some fucked  up  shit.

I should be able too. Happy001
Quote:You mean some of your post was remove and not all of it?

If so was there some type of notation of the censor?

Yep, parts of two posts were removed with NO notation by the censor.  Angryfire

[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4715.msg20421#msg20421 date=1155248611]
I remember well the editing that went on by Ray at FAS. I would not participate on any board that practiced that type of thing.

Removing the post of an obvious spammer is about all I go for.
[/quote]

Same here in so far as participation goes. I will not be participating in that forum again. I think that forum admin should be very particular (and it should be clearly spelled out) and open about what they censor.
Quote:I'd even go for a lot of F words and stuff.

I like TT's replacements words here.

I agree, Xp. and I like their replacement words too.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I didn't use any unsavory language, I didn't say anything that wasn't absolutely true, yet I still was subjected to censorship. Reminds me too much of Ebay! :blinkie:

Edited to change an errant smiley.
Quote:I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I didn't use any unsavory language

In some places, just the act of questioning is seen as unsavory.  Happy001 Happy001
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4715.msg20426#msg20426 date=1155251353]
Quote:I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I didn't use any unsavory language

In some places, just the act of questioning is seen as unsavory.  Happy001 Happy001
[/quote]

Yeah, like on ebay. Hey, we could far more easily get away with posting the naughty words on the SB than we could with a statement that Lieworld didn't like or  an SRG person took offense to.

Apparently, this occurs on private forums also.  Tongue1

Too bad, cause I don't think that the new ownership will last long with that kind of thing going on.
So who's is the fucking shit head or what fucking Nazi type forum was this on?
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4715.msg20431#msg20431 date=1155252966]
So who's is the boinking wombat poo poo head or what boinking Nazi type forum was this on?
[/quote]

Happy001

Well, being a reasonably nice person, I'd rather not say, as I don't think it was done with the knowledge of the new forum owner. Apparently an errant admin troll person (inherited by the new owner) felt unable to compete with my sarcastic wit. Big Grin

I also cannot recall her name-----------perhaps she will drop by here and remind me....... Pain10
Well I wouldn't loose much sleep over it.

That's SOP at ebay so you are already a veteran.

Mrs PINK SLAP queen.  Happy001
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21