TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Chris T announcement redirects to a bridal shop website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

waterdancer

Okay, Techies, could you please explain how on earth this happens.  Is this what they're doing with all those missing pages?????

Click here, then click on the 2nd one that says general announcement
board! WOOOHOOOOO!

http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22chris+tsakalakis%22&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&start=80&sa=N

Once you see the bridal shop, go back to the Google search page and click on the cached page and you'll see this:

***New eBay Stores Benefits – Message from Chris Tsakalakis***   
February 10, 2005 | 11:01AM PST/PT

As senior director of eBay Stores, I’m pleased to tell you more about the new benefits to eBay Stores that Bill Cobb mentioned in his letter to the Community on Sunday.
Toll-Free Phone Support for All Store Sellers - Beginning April 1, all Store sellers will receive access to toll-free phone support during business hours (6:00am to 6:00pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday).
$15.95 Credit on Stores Subscription in the Month of April - We’ll be crediting $15.95 – a month's Basic Stores subscription – in May to all sellers who operated an eBay Store for the month of April as a “thank you” for your business.
Over the last year, the Stores team has worked hard to listen to your needs and improve eBay Stores with new features and flexibility that help you be more successful with your business on eBay. Today, in addition to the benefits mentioned above, we’re introducing more important features and benefits for Store sellers:
Store Referral Credit Increased to 75% of Final Value Fees - Starting next week, we will be increasing the Store Referral Credit on eligible sales from 50% to 75%. Store Referral Credits are discounts on Final Value Fees as a reward for driving buyers to your eBay Store.
More Exposure for Store Inventory Items - Also starting next week, we will be increasing the exposure that Store Inventory format listings get in eBay’s main Search. Currently, when a buyer searches on eBay and finds fewer than 10 Auction-style or Fixed Priced listings available, they see up to 20 additional Store Inventory listings that match that search. Beginning next week, we will start displaying 30 additional Store Inventory listings when there are 20 or less listings found in Auction-style or Fixed Price formats.
Free Selling Manager with all Basic Store Subscriptions - Coming this spring, we will be adding Selling Manager (regularly $4.99 per month) to the Basic Store Subscription at no additional charge. Selling Manager is eBay’s online sales management tool for medium to high volume sellers. It’s a valuable addition to the Basic Store subscription, making it easier and faster for you to manage your eBay listings.
The Stores team and I have been reading your posts on the boards and the emails you’ve sent to Bill Cobb regarding Stores issues. We understand and respect your thoughts and concerns about eBay Stores, and we acknowledge that the recent fee increase requires many of you to re-evaluate how eBay Stores can best fit into your selling strategies. Our goal is to make sure we’re delivering the quality you need and expect for your money. I invite you to email me at chris_stores@ebay.com with your thoughts about how we can deliver on that goal.
We are holding our monthly Brown Bag Discussion on the Stores Discussion Board next Wednesday, February 16 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm Pacific time. I hope you will bring your questions and join me and the Stores team in a lively Q&A session. Let’s keep the conversation going.
Regards,
Chris Tsakalakis
Senior Director, eBay Stores
It looks like the bridal  shop was using a program to frame eBay's  announcement pages.
This may be a dingaling's guess, but...  do you think maybe the person who owns the website also sells on ebay, and copy/pasted/screenshot the page -- simply putting it in a folder on the site that happened to get spidered by google?

Smile

waterdancer

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4716.msg20514#msg20514 date=1155272258]
It looks like the bridal  shop was using a program to frame eBay's  announcement pages.
[/quote]

Frame?  What's that?

Lynda
Quote:Frame?  What's that?

Here's an example of a frame (madville.com framing phillyburbs.com )

http://www.madville.com/link.php?id=142262&t=20