TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Misc. Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I purchased an ip addy today, and when I requested the ip no. from the      IP Addr. Mngr., I received this msg:

Quote:Error while getting new IP! Please contact technical support!

Help, please. Smile
I alerted our data center to the problem and they're looking into it.  Also, could you open a support ticket in your control panel so the technician will have a record.  Sending you a PM

[quote author=regic link=topic=4751.msg20738#msg20738 date=1155507235]
I alerted our data center to the problem and they're looking into it.  Also, could you open a support ticket in your control panel so the technician will have a record.  Sending you a PM

[/quote]

Thanks, Regic! I put in a support ticket. Smile
Just to let you know, Regic. In spite of the fact that it was Sunday, by the time I logged on this morning, it had been taken care of!! Great service. Thumbsup
If I decide to start out with Mal's cart, how do I go about "hiding" the Zen cart until I can get it together. I'm afraid at the rate I am going I will never get this site off the ground if I wait till I learn Zen.

TIA.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4751.msg21329#msg21329 date=1156302311]
If I decide to start out with Mal's cart, how do I go about "hiding" the Zen cart until I can get it together. I'm afraid at the rate I am going I will never get this site off the ground if I wait till I learn Zen.[/quote]

You could move it to a different folder like cranky.com/zencart so it would be hidden from your buyers while you worked on it.
Zen is like WOW way exspansive. Regic how do I uninstall it
so I can FREE up space.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4751.msg21383#msg21383 date=1156366719]
Zen is like WOW way exspansive. Regic how do I uninstall it
so I can FREE up space.
[/quote]

We can uninstall it when we install oscMax.  You could just delete the zentest folder its in too.
Quote:We can uninstall it when we install oscMax.  You could just delete the zentest folder its in too.

Regic, could you please do mine also? Big Grin

And, I have a question for you.

I am generating a privacy policy from:
http://www.the-dma.org/privacy/creating.shtml

I need some help answering  these questions, please.

Quote:2. For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes...
(choose one)

the consumer's domain name and e-mail address (where possible)
only the consumer's domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible)
no information regarding the domain or e-mail address
other

*3. We collect...
(choose all that apply)

only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web page
the domain name and e-mail address (where possible) of visitors to our Web page
the e-mail addresses of those who post messages to our bulletin board
the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail
the e-mail addresses of those who make postings to our chat areas
aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit
user-specific information on what pages consumers access or visit
information volunteered by the consumer, such as preferences, survey information and/or site registrations
name and address
telephone number
fax number
payment information (e.g., credit card number and billing address)
no information on consumers who browse our Web page.
other
internal operations
used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes
shared with other reputable organizations to help them contact consumers for marketing purposes
not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Web site and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Web site

5. With respect to cookies,

We do not set any cookies
We use cookies to . . .

(choose all that apply)

store visitors preferences
    record session information, such as items that consumers add to their shopping cart.
    record user-specific information on what pages users access or visit
    alert visitors to new areas that we think might be of interest to them when they return to our site
    to record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site
    ensure that visitors are not repeatedly sent the same banner ads
    customize Web page content on visitors’ browser type or other information that the visitor sends
    other
Quote:Regic, could you please do mine also?
Yes. 

If you're looking for templates, Algozone has templates for osCMax

{quote]privacy policy[/quote]

2. is ip address/host name/domain name

3. it's your decision what information you collect and retain when someone communicates with you via email, contact form, purchase, etc.

5. oscMax uses cookies for preferences, session information, etc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12