TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: An interesting analogy from the Stores Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An interesting analogy from the Stores Board:

Quote:Interesting post, OP. I doubt that you are a seller with a basic store subscription, or that you have a low income, or that you are handicapped. I am all of those things, and economically disadvantaged to boot. Ebay has been my main source of income for some time, and I'm not about to be manipulated into turning against my fellow sellers, either auctions-only or store owners. We are all customers of ebay, not employees, and we are currently paying for the privilege of being confused and abused.

If Kohl's, say, put a huge wall on one side of its store and you couldn't see what was being sold behind the wall, and the employees were not even working on a commission basis, but were paying to work there (I know there's some faulty logic in that comparison but I'm on one cup of coffee here) and you weren't allowed to see their wares; meanwhile, a huge number of Chinese sellers were standing in front of the wall waving counterfeit purses at you and picking your pocket at the same time, and they had to pay nothing to stand there and weren't punished for pickpocketing, wouldn't you be asking 'What is wrong with this picture'?

The OP below is what provoked the analogy:

Quote:2562bubba  (0 ) View Listings | Report  Aug-12-06 06:31 PDT
Let's see if I understand this.
Many of the posters lately have called Meg, Bill, and numerous Ebay employees liars, thieves, cheats, stock manipulators, and money-grubbing greedy ba@tard$.
They have been accused of purposefully setting things up for widows, orphans, the elderly, the handicapped, and the so-called economically disadvantaged to fail and lose their homes and starve.
Many of these posters have already closed their stores and/or cancelled many or all of their listings. Most have said that they hate ebay and hate Meg and Bill. They beg for a Pink to come to the boards and talk to them, then treat them like criminals and say hurtful hateful things to them.
Now someone calls you malcontents and you're offended?????

Bubba is sounding very much like Lieworld.
The boardies put him in his place pretty quickly.  8)
[quote author=stardust link=topic=4752.msg20742#msg20742 date=1155514978]
The boardies put him in his place pretty quickly.  8)
[/quote]

Yeah, they did good!!  ;D
I liked the analogy though---a little off the wall, but not too far from the truth!! Thumbsup