TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Here we go again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Hi Everyone,

I've been working with people in our Trust and Safety teams and the Developers Program to clarify this issue. Just wanted to share their thinking and to let you know that it's OK to use the Auction Extender tool for now.

The question of allowing/disallowing the Auction Extender tool has been a complex issue for us to address. The bottom line for eBay is whether a new tool could have unintended consequences that could harm the marketplace. We were worried about the tool's potential use as a method for manipulating search results by allowing sellers to change an item's duration so that it appears in "items ending soonest" as often as possible.

That said, the ability to change the duration of a listing has legitimate uses, for example in the event of major site issues and other rare situations. This function is already available manually on eBay.

We have decided to allow the use of the Ethical Auction Extender tool for now, and we'll continue to review and analyze its use over the next 3-6 months to ensure that it is not harming the marketplace.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Regards,
Nino
eBay Community Development "
Quote: We have decided to allow the use of the Ethical Auction Extender tool for now, and we'll continue to review and analyze its use over the next 3-6 months to ensure that it is not harming the marketplace.

Translation.

We are really concerned that our biggest money makers for us will go elsewhere and
with everyone else already so pissed off we just can’t afford to loose any more BIG money makers for us.

So sorry you little cheap bastards that don’t spend upwards to $1000.00 (or more) a month in fees to us.
We don’t NEED you nor want you here anymore. So go away. Besides were going to make a killing in China and with the new acquisition we just made (with all you low life little sellers fees you paid us) we will be just fine .

Boy oh boy I do see the [Image: bomb.gif]

It must all be [Image: president-bush.jpg]
Fault. LOL

Seriously: They keep pushing there core users to the curb, they will implode.

I just hope I’m there to pick up a few pieces and auction them off for BIG $$$
On a different site.  Lol
[quote author=xppman link=topic=487.msg1913#msg1913 date=1127426390]
Quote: We have decided to allow the use of the Ethical Auction Extender tool for now, and we'll continue to review and analyze its use over the next 3-6 months to ensure that it is not harming the marketplace.

Translation.

We are really concerned that our biggest money makers for us will go elsewhere and
with everyone else already so pissed off we just can’t afford to loose any more BIG money makers for us.

So sorry you little cheap bastards that don’t spend upwards to $1000.00 (or more) a month in fees to us.
We don’t NEED you nor want you here anymore. So go away. Besides were going to make a killing in China and with the new acquisition we just made (with all you low life little sellers fees you paid us) we will be just fine .

Boy oh boy I do see the [Image: bomb.gif]

It must all be [Image: president-bush.jpg]
Fault. LOL

Seriously: They keep pushing there core users to the curb, they will implode.

I just hope I’m there to pick up a few pieces and auction them off for BIG $$$
On a different site.  Lol

[/quote]

I can see it now: XPPMan selling eBay CEO A$$Holes.
maryrussel Wrote:I can see it now: XPPMan selling eBay CEO A$$Holes.

Happy001