TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Voices member with empty store says she's not boycotting auctions...huh???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ya'll oughta know perfectly well that I'm not gonna name names other than myself. Some voices members have no problem being identified as such (and you prolly already know who they are), others prefer to stay annonymous to avoid problems.

Non-disclosure clause and all that, but pick a change, "improvement", new policy, "enhancement", that's pissed off the site users and know that voices probably fought against it...but we have absolutely no clout, just an ear.
Quote:Ya'll oughta know perfectly well that I'm not gonna name names other than myself

I knew you would say that, Rob. Smile

Quote:Non-disclosure clause and all that, but pick a change, "improvement", new policy, "enhancement", that's pissed off the site users and know that voices probably fought against it...but we have absolutely no clout, just an ear.

If you have no clout, why be a Voice?

If these things truly anger some of you, why not stand up??????

When you became a Voice, you gave up your Power.

You essentially became an employee of ebay.

If you mean what you say, show us.
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4765.msg20933#msg20933 date=1155744699]
Quote:Ya'll oughta know perfectly well that I'm not gonna name names other than myself

I knew you would say that, Rob. Smile

Quote:Non-disclosure clause and all that, but pick a change, "improvement", new policy, "enhancement", that's pissed off the site users and know that voices probably fought against it...but we have absolutely no clout, just an ear.

If you have no clout, why be a Voice?

If these things truly anger some of you, why not stand up??????

When you became a Voice, you gave up your Power.

You essentially became an employee of ebay.

If you mean what you say, show us.
[/quote]

I disagree. Becoming a member of voices removes no power from me because I have no power to wield. Just show me one example of where a mere member of the community made ebay change anything and I'll kiss your wombat poo. I remain in voices because even though I cannot make change, I can still "voice" my agreement or opposition directly to those involved in the process, and in my mind, that's worth something.

Just because I participate in voices doesn't mean I've essentially became an employee. Voice members are only sounding boards and we sound off loudly in our area. And I don't know how I can show you that "I mean what I say"...unless you meant for me to go to discussion boards and scream bloody murder...but that's not something I'll do. And the reason for that is strictly business. I remain fairly neutral and non-confrontational in discussion forums because I use my seller ID and as we all know, there are some vicious people out there so I won't do want anything that may possibly have a negative impact on my bid-ness posted publically.

So, you can take me at face value or disregard my comments completely, makes no difference to me, but I think you're smart enough to realize (or at least I hope you are) that lumping an entire group of people into some preconcieved mold based on the remarks of an individual is somewhat silly and unfair.

r-
Pages: 1 2