TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Auction: Place Holder or Plans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From domain registrar infos.
Query: GoogleAuction.com
Result....

Registrant:
Google Inc.
(DOM-1368012)
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View
CA
94043 US

Domain Name: googleauction.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
DNS Admin
(NIC-1467103)
Google Inc.
CA
94043 US
dns-admin@google.com +1.6502530000 Fax- +1.6506188571
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
DNS Admin
(NIC-1467103)
Google Inc.
CA
94043 US
dns-admin@google.com +1.6502530000 Fax- +1.6506188571

Created on..............: 2003-Nov-21.
Expires on..............: 2006-Nov-21.
Record last updated on..: 2006-May-17 11:10:55.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS2.GOOGLE.COM
NS1.GOOGLE.COM
NS3.GOOGLE.COM
NS4.GOOGLE.COM
Hi Rho,

Not sure what your point is (not being facetious). Could you explain, please?

TIA.
They might have had auction plans in 2003 but I think those plans morphed into Google Base and classifieds. 
Google auctions  ;D  Well at least they can be the next in line to pick
the pockets of the sheep. If they did decide to open up a auction site too.  >Sad
Since these are pointed to the Google servers (instead of registrar parked or monitized in some manner) and Google takes a bazillion years to roll stuff out and there are rumors about the AZ GPlex being an auction HQ and now Froogle has been moved off the the Google Search Engine interface and we're in the eve of the 2006 Sales Season and eBay has pi$$ off and alienated sellers globally...well, do folks think Google just sittin' on this domain name or gettin' ready to bust a move?
I thought the AZ Gplex was for running Froogle/GoogleBase/GoogleCheckout (all google e-commerce, perhaps.)  It would make sense if they eventually expanded to GoogleAuctions over there.  I would applaud the demise of ebay.com.  But I would like to see another stable auction site for collectibles, as I have a variety of things that will do very well at auction v. fixed price.  And if there are TWO that pick up the slack -- Google and Yahoo -- so be it.
I would have to agree w you Star and if Gog. did open a site.
I'd test the waters and treat them just like I always have w feebay over the years.
A tool to drive traffic to my site.  Laughing7