TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: August Barf Bag Lunch Just announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Puke

Quote:eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunch, 8/24 at 12 noon PDT
storesteam@ebay.com View Listings | Report Aug-15-06 11:18 PDT
Host: eBay Store Staff

Date: Thursday, August 25 2006

Time: 12-1:30PM PDT

Hello,

Please join us for our monthly discussion on the eBay Stores board.

We look forward to your participation and will attempt to answer all of your eBay Stores questions as quickly as possible. Based on your questions, we'll also offer tips to ensure that you're using Stores to maximize your business. We're committed to answering your questions as quickly as possible. In order to accomplish this equitably, we ask for your cooperation -- please limit your questions to two(2) per user.

We look forward to seeing you here at 12 noon PDT on Thursday, 8/24.

Regards, eBay Stores Team

Thread on SB:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000199825&tstart=0&mod=1155671062102
I linked the thread to the calendar (hence the edit mark on the 1st post)  Smile
[quote author=regic link=topic=4775.msg20892#msg20892 date=1155698608]
I linked the thread to the calendar (hence the edit mark on the 1st post)  Smile
[/quote]

Thumbsup
bump  Smile
I'll pass this information along to the appropriate team so they can attend.  Smile
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000338356&tstart=0&mod=1156448159537

SHouldn't one of us save it this time?? ???
It sucked worse than usual. It's a good thing that I got there late or I probably would be NARU by now. They really don't want to know what I think.

I did call them chickens**ts in another thread though. Smile
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4775.msg21448#msg21448 date=1156451857]
It sucked worse than usual. It's a good thing that I got there late or I probably would be NARU by now. They really don't want to know what I think.

I did call them chickens**ts in another thread though. Smile
[/quote]

Happy001
eBay posted a summary of its August Brown Bag Lunch here:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000207526&tstart=0

A followup was also added that addressed the issue of limited international visibility for eBay.com listings:

Quote:storesteam@ebay.com  View Listings | Report  Aug-28-06 12:20 PDT  1 of 1
Hi everyone,

As promised, here is the response to the question about search results throughout global eBay marketplaces.

Sincerely,
eBay Stores

Q: eBay.com items are no longer shown by default amongst search results on global marketplaces where as eBay.com continue to show items, by default, from global marketplaces. Similarly, links to eBay global marketplaces are shown at the bottom of eBay.com search result pages. On eBay global marketplace search results pages, no such links are made back to eBay.com. Why are international sellers being given an advantage that we are not?

We spoke with the team that manages global trade, and they informed us that your comments and questions on this topic are timely, as there is currently a team at eBay re-visiting these specific topics to deliver on the promise of a truly global trading platform.

While it is premature to speculate what the outcome will be of the current investigation and analysis, our intention is to discover the appropriate balance between increasing the worldwide exposure of items across multiple eBay sites, while being cautious to preserve the unique trading environment within each local eBay marketplace. Our challenge is to empower each of the local eBay marketplaces to effectively compete within their local markets, while attempting to support company-wide efforts to grow the “cross-border” portion of eBay. This is an important dynamic to figure out, especially as we continue to ensure the success of our sellers who bring such abundance to the eBay marketplace worldwide. As we have more to share on this, we will update the Community.