TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay announces plans to launch Search changes during Holiday shopping season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Test: Making Buyers More Efficient - A Redesign of Search Results*** 

August 15, 2006 | 01:37PM PST/PT

Nico Posner
Hi everyone, I'm Nico Posner with eBay's Finding team. As you've seen and heard from us over the past few months, we're working on a number of projects that drive new buyers to the site, and that ensure that - when they get here - they have the best shopping experience possible. An important project we'll be launching as a test later this month is a new search results page. The new design shows more information for each listing than our current pages. We've also improved the look-and-feel to help buyers be more efficient as they make decisions about which listings they want to click into.

About The New Search Results Design
In our new search results pages, the space allotted to each listing will be bigger, and we'll be doing more to call out key information. For example, price information will be shown in a larger size and a new color, making it easier to scan through listings. We're also including an "Add to Watch list" link on each item, so buyers can add interesting listings to their Watch lists right away.

Most listing rows will also have a link called "See quick details." When a buyer clicks this link, or hovers over it with their mouse, they'll see a new section pop up that contains key information such as the shipping & handling charges and accepted payment methods.

And just as they can today, buyers will be able to customize what information they see on these pages according to what is most important to them.

Our Test Plan
Later this month, a small percentage of buyers (selected at random) will start seeing the new search results pages. An even smaller number of buyers will also see the new design on eBay Motors.

We will keep you informed about plans to launch this new design to the whole site after we complete our testing period.

If you'd like to see what the new design looks like, please see our information page. To provide feedback, questions or issues regarding the new search results page, please post your comments to our thread on the Search discussion board. You can access this directly by clicking here. I also hope you can join me for an online workshop on August 24th from Noon to 1pm PT to review the new designs.

Thank you in advance for your help and support during this test!

Sincerely,

Nico Posner
Senior Product Manager, Finding

more info: http://pages.ebay.com/buyandsell/find-it...me=CMDV:AB
God I'm so glad I don't rely on this company to generate
a revenue stream anymore.

I can remember though not to far in the distant past that they were a good stream of revenue
going from about 90 to 50 to 40 to 25 to 10 to 5 to 1 to just about 0 percent now.

In just a few related tid bits see what this Nico Posner's "team" have created.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=80

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?fo...2000000000

A little observation too if I may:
When a mega company starts scrambling around changing anything and EVERYTHING
on a whim, compensating for back end revenue loss with a series of front loaded
over priced fees, starts shuffling key personnel around every few months, relies on
un tested or beta in house developed tech. as the main platform,
and hires people to implement these programs
from other already "failed" companies:

Then you know the company is in deep trouble.

When a mega company like feebay starts buying up every other non related
company it can get it's hands
on, has unseemly record GROWTH quarter after quarter
(all at the same time it's customers are reporting
lower growth and sales).

You KNOW something is a miss.

When did all this start really taking off? What about four years ago?

This Nico Posner along with his Finding team need to all
take a BIKE ride on a busy road filled w BIG trucks.

Quote:This Nico Posner along with his Finding team need to all
take a BIKE ride on a busy road filled w BIG trucks.

Happy001

And what the heck is "The Findings Team"?
The "Finding Team" is supposed to find the "magic" I guess. Dontknow
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4780.msg20916#msg20916 date=1155732840]
The "Finding Team" is supposed to find the "magic" I guess. Dontknow
[/quote]

Happy001
Channel Advisor CEO Scott Wingo on the search changes:

Quote:eBay is testing a new search UI (ok they call it Find, whatever guys its the search engine).  And I think it looks pretty good.  As predicted, I think they are taking some of the learnings from eBay Express and sprinkling them back to core...

The only downside - eBay historically messes with the site a good bit into Q4 and that causes some chaos for those of us focused on generating GMV without disruption/business changes during the Holiday season.  So I hope some eBayers are listening:  Keep up the good work, but come mid Oct, let's freeze and go with what you have.

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...ng_ne.html