TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: AdSense new features for August: AdSense for search results on your site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:What's New - August 2006

AdSense for search results on your site

Publishers using AdSense for search now have the option to open search results within their own websites. By adding an additional set of search results code to your page, you can display Google search results framed within your own site. This new option will help you blend AdSense for search into your site even further. You'll also have the added advantage of keeping users on your site while still offering them the useful information available through Google search.

The new search results option is available during the AdSense Setup. Once you've chosen AdSense for search as your product and are customizing your search box and results, just choose the box marked Open results within my own site. Or, follow the instructions in our Help Center entry: How do I implement search results on my page?

Reports now show individual ad performance

We've updated your advanced reports to provide details at the individual ad level. Each time an individual ad is displayed on your page, we'll report an ad impression. For example, a typical leaderboard ad unit will contain four text ads. When the leaderboard appears on your page once, we'll report four ad impressions.

Keep in mind that the number of ad impressions displayed for any ad format may vary depending on whether you're displaying standard text ads, expanded text ads, or image ads.

Important note: The option to view separate performance details for contextual and site-targeted ads has moved to the individual ad reports. In order to view performance by targeting type, you'll need to select show data by 'Individual Ad' on your Advanced Reports page. If you've saved a custom report using the targeting type setting, you'll need to create a new report or edit your current report.

https://www.google.com/support/adsense/b...swer=44705&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-asui&medium=link